Hacking How do I use an SD from one CFW 3DS to another?

bananapi761

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2016
Messages
422
Solutions
1
Reaction score
188
Trophies
1
Location
Norn Iron
XP
2,058
Country
United Kingdom
I've been asking for help on this a couple of times, but I still can't wrap my head around it. I'm (still) planning on buying a New 3DS, as an upgrade from my O3DS (which has CFW). I'm going to install CFW in the New 3DS, but I don't know how to use the content I have on my O3DS on the new one. I think Nintendo's system transfer tool wouldn't work properly if CFW is in the way (correct me if I'm wrong), or could I just swap the SD card, without any problems? Or is there another method?
 
all the contenton the SD in encrypted to each 3DS. a system transfer will carry over the key which will allow you to move the SD card to the new console with all your content intact.

system transfer will still work with CFW.
 
Iirc you should be able to dump movable.sed from the source system and place it on the target system. From there you can move the SD over and reinstall tickets to get the games to show up again. Unsure if there is an easy way to auto detect missing tickets and install them, but someone else will probably know.
 
all the contenton the SD in encrypted to each 3DS. a system transfer will carry over the key which will allow you to move the SD card to the new console with all your content intact.

system transfer will still work with CFW.
That won't work with any illegitimate title though.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted