How Do I Update My JAP Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by rossco1106, Jan 7, 2010.

Jan 7, 2010
  1. rossco1106
    OP

Newcomer rossco1106 Member

United Kingdom
    I have 3.3J firmware on my Wii but want to update it. How do i do this? [​IMG]

2. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Assuming that you have an un-modded JAP console you should be able to do this via the update function in the Wii settings. If you have region-modded a PAL/NTSC-U console then you will have to use something like Zektors 4.2 Safe Updater, or look for his offline guide and do it manually.

All this is based on assumption as you haven't given much info and that you are looking to get to the latest 4.2J firmware.

EDIT: I noticed that you are in the UK, Im not sure if the official update checks your IP for your region as well as the Wii's region

3. rossco1106
    OP

Newcomer rossco1106 Member

United Kingdom
    I am looking to update so that all games work with my Drivekey as some games give the black screen after loading [​IMG]

4. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Ive read a few threads that say people are having alot of black screen probs with Drivekey, even more so with 4.2x update. You might be better updating, then softmodding and running a backup launcher/USB loader