Hacking how do i update mt jailbreak dongle? if thats whats needed

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok iv had the original JB dongle since launch but recently some of the newer back ups aint been loading (cod, assassins creed) etc
all i get is "an error occoured on starup" and it takes me back to the ps3 menu
im on fw 3.41 and iv never changed any settings or anything, all i have is back up loader on my ps3 which works great apart from a few new games that wont load.
it could be that these games just dont work from ext HD but im not sure and they dont seem to be on any compatability lists

so is ther an update for the official JB device? or do i need a newer back up loader? if not what do i need to do to play the latest games?
iv heard about updating the payload but iv no idea how to do that or even where to start google seems to just bring up other things about jailbreak

any help or info would be appreciated

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Its has a way better game compatibility and lets you play the games without a disk in your ps3 just read around (stickies) and you will understand how everything works

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i downloaded the ps jailbreak updater but when i plug in the dongle the pc wont recognize it??
it still says it updates it but thes no difference when i plug it back in my ps3??

it says on my pc app failed to start cos libusb.dll was not found, it does that it does that when serching for the serial no and when i download updates

which file is the update?? thers various also why aint it working properly?

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stickybit said:
ok i downloaded the ps jailbreak updater but when i plug in the dongle the pc wont recognize it??
it still says it updates it but thes no difference when i plug it back in my ps3??

it says on my pc app failed to start cos libusb.dll was not found, it does that it does that when serching for the serial no and when i download updates

which file is the update?? thers various also why aint it working properly?
Download PSJailbreak Updater V1.3: Link
libusb.dll: I hope this helps.
QUOTEWindows 7 x64

First thing is to go through the PS Upgrader setup again. Click on the setup.exe and select repair. Next you will see a screen that says it will create an .inf file for your device. Connect your PSJailbreak if you haven't already and click next. You should see an Unknown Device #1, select it and click next. Then fill out the Manufacturer Name and Device Name (for Manufacturer Name I just put PSJ and for Device Name I put PSJailbreak). Click next and whatever you put down as the device name should be what the file will be called. Just click save. If you get a "no resource found" message, don't worry about it.

Now to fix the error in PS Upgrader...

To fix this go into the "Drivers" folder where you installed PS Upgrader. Now go into the "x86" folder and copy the file libusb0_x86.dll

Now paste that file into "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" and rename libusb0_x86.dll to libusb0.dll

Next copy the file libusb0.sys and place that into "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" as that should now fix the error issue.

The next thing is to get your PSJailbreak dongle to show up in Windows. To do this, go into your device manager and you should see a "unknown device." Simply right click on it and select that you want to update the drivers. Then select that you want to browse your computer. Now go to this directory "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" and click next. You should see that it wants to install a driver.

Now your computer should recognize your PSJailbreak
happy.gif

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok sephxus doing what you said has got me the furthest here..
but..

i can get to the part that says put the file into "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" and rename libusb0_x86.dll to libusb0.dll

thats where im stuck i cant find windows\syswow64 anywhere

it just says on the psupgrader when i search for the serial no it says cant start cos libusb0.dll was not found

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
seriously fed up with it now why cant they just make a programme easy to use that will find the JB dongle its just too complicated
the people who run the site dont give a toss( http://www.psjailbreak.com/index )
iv emailed them loads of times for assistance and not had 1 single reply

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-