How do I stop the e-shop from deleting themes/dlc?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by AdmiralToucan, Apr 29, 2016.

1. AdmiralToucan
    OP

AdmiralToucan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2016
    Canada
    How do I stop the e-shop from removing my custom themes on my O3DS? I bought a legit one before with my NNID, is there a way I can remove the legitimate ticket with FBI or is it forever tied to my NNID which somehow triggers the deletion? My N3DS (no NNID) doesn't get themes removed when the shop is accessed, since from my understanding there is no legitimate ticket. I guess it's not possible to run legit themes alongside custom ones either, I really wanted to use the howling tool for my O3DS without having to reboot constantly with CHMM.

2. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    I'm experimenting with it right now, but my themes aren't deleted when visiting the e-Shop on Luma with A9LH. Need to see if the same thing happens with DLC.

3. Ryuzaki_MrL

Ryuzaki_MrL Furry Addict

Jun 23, 2015
    Brazil
    I have several original themes, alongside some custom themes. All the custom themes gets deleted when I enter eShop.
    Maybe it only happens if you already bought a theme/DLC before?

RednaxelaNnamtra likes this.
  4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    This! I've been searching everywhere for this fix! Or least the ability to back up my current themes/DLC so they can be re-installed afterwards.

5. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    i just install everything as .cias, never bothered with the eshop, so I removed my nnid from emunand.

DesuIsSparta likes this.
  6. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai snart

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    I've never had my DLC get removed when entering the eShop. Can't say anything about themes though, as I own all the themes I have installed.

7. Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga That one guy that doesn't give a shit anymore

Oct 9, 2015
    United States
    The Shadows
    Ok. I've said it a few places before I guess I will have to say it again here.

Themes are treated as DLC. Any time you already own part of a DLC for a game if you use a CIA to install the rest of that particular set of DLC it will be removed any time you visit the eShop.

Point of the story? Don't download any DLC. Just pirate it if you don't want it deleted.

Already have themes but want your own? Use CHMM2. Want to keep using the actual themes? There's a site that has all the eShop themes already set up to be used with CHMM2.

TL;DR. Be a full time pirate and nothing gets deleted. Buy some and pirate later? EShop will restore your already purchased DLC and get rid of the pirated.

8. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    Same but my 3DS came w/ a theme Code when i first got it along w/ A Link between Worlds (maybe this is why i keep loosing m custom themes but NOt my DLC?) but that doesnt make sense if you've bought DLC before as i have the Fantasy life Origins island DLC and the DLC CIA for FFThearythim Curtain call isnt deleted on eShop etc :/

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  9. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai snart

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    I have some legally owned Smash DLC.

10. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I've read that installing these things with WiFi disabled resolves the issue, but I have no idea if this is true.

11. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    is not

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

when you visit eshop, the theme pack cia you installed is still there, but the ticket is remove from the db i think.
    I tried before. theme is gone, but I can still find the cia that I installed through devmu

12. AdmiralToucan
    OP

Feb 22, 2016
    Canada
    Do you know if it's tied to a special ticket or my NNID account? There has to be some kind of way to remove the legitimate ticket and replace it with a bad one to avoid the deletion.

13. Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga That one guy that doesn't give a shit anymore

Oct 9, 2015
    United States
    The Shadows
    There is a way. But it is mainly pointless as it becomes replaced again upon accessing the eShop.

If you don't care about using your regular NNID you could always just make up a new one strictly just for pirating.

14. morvoran

morvoran GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    So just to make sure I understand you, you're saying that if I delete my NNID and create a new one (or not use one at all), that I can install a custom theme .cia and that will stop the eshop from deleting all my themes? I have never bought (nor plan on buying) anything with this NNID, so I don't care about it.

If this is true, I can't believe this whole time my themes were being deleted because I had to have that free Sonic theme when they first added themes to the 3ds.

Xenosaiga likes this.
  15. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    Is there any special topic title that I have to search in Google to find it?

16. BabyBichu

BabyBichu GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2016
    United States
    U should report it to the CHMM devolopers and wait them to develop.

17. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd ◥▷◁◤ Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    Don't because Rinnegatamante is not the developer of the theme to cia tool (the tool is called Howling Theme Tool).

18. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Whenever I download an update, my cia installed Streetpass games are deleted and need to be reinstalled.

There's no way to prevent that then, is there? I mean short of updating absolutely everything using a cia, which is more of a pain than reinstalling Streetpass since that's already on the SD.

19. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i read if you have a ticket/download SERVER side on nintendo for the dlc, then it will remove your hacked dlc. if you never downloaded any themes, or never went to a game's dlc page, then i don't think the dlc will not get removed.
    the fact that it is server side means that we can't really fix it, unless i guess we removed the nnid

Ricken and Xenosaiga like this.
  20. AdmiralToucan
    OP

Feb 22, 2016
    Canada
    Removing my NNID with tinyformat worked. I have to reinstall everything, but it's worth it. Never visit in game e-shops or download free themes.