Homebrew How do I stop the e-shop from deleting themes/dlc?

AdmiralToucan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I stop the e-shop from removing my custom themes on my O3DS? I bought a legit one before with my NNID, is there a way I can remove the legitimate ticket with FBI or is it forever tied to my NNID which somehow triggers the deletion? My N3DS (no NNID) doesn't get themes removed when the shop is accessed, since from my understanding there is no legitimate ticket. I guess it's not possible to run legit themes alongside custom ones either, I really wanted to use the howling tool for my O3DS without having to reboot constantly with CHMM.

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have several original themes, alongside some custom themes. All the custom themes gets deleted when I enter eShop.
Maybe it only happens if you already bought a theme/DLC before?

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I've said it a few places before I guess I will have to say it again here.

Themes are treated as DLC. Any time you already own part of a DLC for a game if you use a CIA to install the rest of that particular set of DLC it will be removed any time you visit the eShop.

Point of the story? Don't download any DLC. Just pirate it if you don't want it deleted.

Already have themes but want your own? Use CHMM2. Want to keep using the actual themes? There's a site that has all the eShop themes already set up to be used with CHMM2.

TL;DR. Be a full time pirate and nothing gets deleted. Buy some and pirate later? EShop will restore your already purchased DLC and get rid of the pirated.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had my DLC get removed when entering the eShop. Can't say anything about themes though, as I own all the themes I have installed.

Same but my 3DS came w/ a theme Code when i first got it along w/ A Link between Worlds (maybe this is why i keep loosing m custom themes but NOt my DLC?) but that doesnt make sense if you've bought DLC before as i have the Fantasy life Origins island DLC and the DLC CIA for FFThearythim Curtain call isnt deleted on eShop etc :/

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Same but my 3DS came w/ a theme Code when i first got it along w/ A Link between Worlds (maybe this is why i keep loosing m custom themes but NOt my DLC?) but that doesnt make sense if you've bought DLC before as i have the Fantasy life Origins island DLC and the DLC CIA for FFThearythim Curtain call isnt deleted on eShop etc :/
I have some legally owned Smash DLC.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've read that installing these things with WiFi disabled resolves the issue, but I have no idea if this is true.
is not

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've read that installing these things with WiFi disabled resolves the issue, but I have no idea if this is true.
when you visit eshop, the theme pack cia you installed is still there, but the ticket is remove from the db i think.
I tried before. theme is gone, but I can still find the cia that I installed through devmu

AdmiralToucan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok. I've said it a few places before I guess I will have to say it again here.

Themes are treated as DLC. Any time you already own part of a DLC for a game if you use a CIA to install the rest of that particular set of DLC it will be removed any time you visit the eShop.

Point of the story? Don't download any DLC. Just pirate it if you don't want it deleted.

Already have themes but want your own? Use CHMM2. Want to keep using the actual themes? There's a site that has all the eShop themes already set up to be used with CHMM2.

TL;DR. Be a full time pirate and nothing gets deleted. Buy some and pirate later? EShop will restore your already purchased DLC and get rid of the pirated.

Do you know if it's tied to a special ticket or my NNID account? There has to be some kind of way to remove the legitimate ticket and replace it with a bad one to avoid the deletion.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if it's tied to a special ticket or my NNID account? There has to be some kind of way to remove the legitimate ticket and replace it with a bad one to avoid the deletion.
There is a way. But it is mainly pointless as it becomes replaced again upon accessing the eShop.

If you don't care about using your regular NNID you could always just make up a new one strictly just for pirating.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't care about using your regular NNID you could always just make up a new one strictly just for pirating.

So just to make sure I understand you, you're saying that if I delete my NNID and create a new one (or not use one at all), that I can install a custom theme .cia and that will stop the eshop from deleting all my themes? I have never bought (nor plan on buying) anything with this NNID, so I don't care about it.

If this is true, I can't believe this whole time my themes were being deleted because I had to have that free Sonic theme when they first added themes to the 3ds.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any special topic title that I have to search in Google to find it?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Whenever I download an update, my cia installed Streetpass games are deleted and need to be reinstalled.

There's no way to prevent that then, is there? I mean short of updating absolutely everything using a cia, which is more of a pain than reinstalling Streetpass since that's already on the SD.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i read if you have a ticket/download SERVER side on nintendo for the dlc, then it will remove your hacked dlc. if you never downloaded any themes, or never went to a game's dlc page, then i don't think the dlc will not get removed.
the fact that it is server side means that we can't really fix it, unless i guess we removed the nnid

AdmiralToucan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Removing my NNID with tinyformat worked. I have to reinstall everything, but it's worth it. Never visit in game e-shops or download free themes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."