Hacking How do I set this thing up?

Target2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got an R4 and I have no idea how to set it up? Do I just download a firmware and put it on the microSD card? And if so what firmware do I put on it? My card is legit BTW, not fake.

` regret .

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Depravo said:
Download the firmware from the website given on the box. Extract it to the root of your SD card.

Also download Moonshell and games for your r4. Moonshell will let you play music. Games will obviously be games. No links to rom sites are allowed here so you'll have to find a good ROM site yourself.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Target2 said:
I just got an R4 [...] is legit BTW, not fake.
Unless you bought it used from a friend or someone you trust, it's rather doubtful you got a real one.[*]Copy your games and apps to your PC as a backup.[*]Format your flashcard with the SD Formatter.[*]Get a2h's YSMenu Generator.[*]Build your YSMenu as FIRMWARE:[*]Extract the archive to a folder of your choice.[*]Download DSTT 1.17a12 for YSMenu and extract DSTT.zip from the archive.[*]Copy it to the YSMenu folder and overwrite the older file (Leave it as DSTT.zip!!).[*]Now run simplyrevcfgng.exe and follow these steps:
  • 1. Cheats -- Choose to download an updated USRCHEAT.DAT file.
  • 2. Boot type -- Leave the default option of "Firmware replacement".
  • 3. YSMenu location -- Click the link and search for "(T_T)".
  • 4. infolib.dat -- Ignore this, you will be updating it later.
[*]Copy the YSMenu files to your empty flashcard.[*]Get the updated infolib, extinfo and savlib dat files and copy them to your TTMenu folder.[*]Copy your games and other stuff back to your card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*