Homebrew How do I run Wii Backups from an SD Card?

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every guide I've been through are mostly Flash Drive/Hard Drive instructions and there's not a single one I can find that uses an SD.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just don't. The SD reader on the Wii is painfully slow, even with a fast Class 10, I was still running into serious lag just running GC games, I don't want to know what Wii games would be like.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfg usb loader. its what i use, and it should work just fine with a slower card. i am using quite a low end micro sd and reader, and it works with no issues. in order to make it work though, you need to wait a few seconds after it starts, press a, then right on the dpad to selce sd card and press a again. its a bit annoying but it still works.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Just don't. The SD reader on the Wii is painfully slow, even with a fast Class 10, I was still running into serious lag just running GC games, I don't want to know what Wii games would be like.
Even a Class 4 on Nintendont or DIOS MIOS vastly outperforms original GC discs. You wouldn't happen to be using a Sandisk, would you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already