How do I run ROM hacks on Sky3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Neodigitless, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Neodigitless
    OP

Neodigitless Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2014
    United States
    It seems the discwriter tool complains because it doesn't see the romhack I have as the base game when looking at the template. And I guess that's a good thing, so that you can have both the base game and the hack on the µSD card at the same time. So I guess I need a way to add the hack to the template, so Discwriter will let me copy it onto the card.

2. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Simple: You don't. Sky3DS does not signature patch, so it can't load edited Roms. Plus, your ROM has to fit to their template, all of which are vanilla ROMs.

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    NTR CFW, on 4.x for o3ds's or upto 9.2 for n3DS's....other than that you cannot run hacked games

oh and btw NTR uses romfs redirection to the SD card so you still need to put the stock rom on the sky3ds card and make a plugin for the specific game you want to run mods on (and this can only be romfs modifications not exefs)

4. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    wait wait wait

what ?

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    NTR layeredFS, read up ;P
    basically modded roms for retail carts/sky3ds makes making mods 100x easier too as you can test them on the fly with out rebuilding thanks to the debugging tool

KingOfHell likes this.