Gaming How Do I rip just the movie with DVD Shrink?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'd like to rip the video from the dvd with out all the extras kinda like CloneDVD 5!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am going from memory at this point but in general take your DVD (preferably as decrypted/sanitised files or with something like anydvd but it does have basic css, region unlocking and PUOP removal if you are dealing with an older dvd/one without corrupted sectors) and on the right hand pane there tab there should be an option to build your own DVD. From this find the main video (usually the longest video but be aware some extras can run longer than the film so check it with the preview option) and drag it to the new DVD structure (should be on the left hand pane) and the rest amounts to pressing go, choosing a location and watching it do it.

If on the other hand you want to retain menus it can more tricky. I am not sure of the suggested method these days but assuming I was being lazy I would normally use vobblanker. It is not quite as effective (the blanked videos can still be several hundred megabytes depending on length) but it works and is far nicer than having to play with something like PCGedit (and learning PCGedit in the first place) for hours on end.

I will however note that last I checked the free version of DVDfab had the ability to do this right from the DVD.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking to just rip the video files out and into a computer-friendly format (like MP4) then Handbrake will do it (and remove the protection and shit as well).

If you're looking to construct a DVD then I'd suggest DVD Decrypter to get the unprotected files without recompressing them, but then putting them back into the layout is tricky like FAST said. DVD Flick has the ability to take clips and put them in a layout with some basic menus...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think what he means is that he wants to rip all the bonus content and ads from the DVD and create a backup without all of them. In that case, you'll need to find out which titles on the DVD are relevant and delete the sections you don't want from the DVD image.

If CloneDVD works for you, why use anything else?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?