How do I restore save files from my mlc.bin

Tedd_y

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

I want to extract one save file from my mlc.bin.partXX files, which I backed up when modding my Wii U. And restore it. I couldn't find much online about this. I also wrote down a description of my situation in case its of any use:

Recently I wanted to play the DLC to The Legend of Zelda botw (I have the disc). Previously, I backed up my savefile from my old Nintendo Network Mii to a random Mii just to see if I was also able to backup saves from physical copies of games. After installing the DLC and realizing that the Nintendo Update doesn't work, thus installing it through WUP Installer, I used MiiHelper (or whatever its called) to backup my savefile from my Nintendo Network Mii to my Pretendo Mii. After doing all that I realized that the save file was gone. On all of the 3 accounts, I booted into the starting scene where Link wakes up. Additionally, the file that I previously backed up also seems to be a 0% file. Because when I restore it and then start the game, I again start from 0. Now I know I could Just download a 100% save file and just play the DLC, but I just really would like to play on my personal save (which isn't completely 100%). Now when I modded my Wii U, I did a full backup with the mlc. Which is the internal storage, as I've understood. On there there is my original save file since I've not played botw after modding my Wii U. Now I did try to search how to get a single save file from the mlc and get it over to my Wii U, but for some reason there are a 1000 written and video tutorials on how to back up the NAND and a few on how to completely restore your NAND. But what I want is to extract ONE file and restore that ONE file to my Wii U. For my special situation, I couldn't find anything. So I went and asked ChatGPT. I managed to combine all the mlc.bin.partXX into one mlc.bin file. Now ChatGPT told me to use either WiiU NAND Extractor or U-Wizard to extract the save file. WiiU NAND Extractor gives me the error Invalid or unsupported dump when trying to load my mlc.bin. And with U-Wizard ChatGPT apparently trolled me cuz as far as I've understood, it's a tool for something completely different. And here I'm stuck cuz I couldn't find any alternative tools, and I also didn't find a solution for the error code. I did find out though that WiiU NAND Extractor might only be for slc or at least that the thread where I downloaded it from only went over slc files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/8y7GRYaYYQg?si=a6RCQRg7LtWeRJry +1