Hacking How do I pack these files into a .wad file?

GXCrossing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Read Post #11 for more info.

Hi there, I was wondering how you would pack these files into a .wad file:
Screenshot 2023-05-17 185217.png

Any ideas on how to do this? Let me know.

Last edited by GXCrossing,
Reactions: cheloruiz79

GXCrossing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think those are the encrypted contents, when decrypted most of those files would have .app extensions i.e. 00000001 would become 00000001.app. Most wad packers work with the decrypted contents
You're probably right about that. Are there any ways to decrypt them?

GXCrossing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If retrieved using nus downloader there's an option for it

Edit: and a pack wad option too

If u have decrypted contents only for some reason, u can open the folder or one of its files with modmii to repack it
I got these files from a Myrient listing (Wii Digital CDN), so I’m not sure if I could decrypt it that way.

GXCrossing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can go to MarioCube to grab WADs.
Hi there. So I am aware of MarioCube the repository and I actually did download all of those already. I used the game at the beginning of the thread as an example even though its WAD is on MarioCube already. However, my question about the Myrient listing is not in vain. For example, a game (or rather some DLC packs) I'm trying to decrypt can only be found on Myrient and not MarioCube or NUSDownloader as seen here:
Screenshot 2023-05-26 171628.png
Screenshot 2023-05-26 171705.png

At this point, I'm not entirely sure what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. So I am aware of MarioCube the repository and I actually did download all of those already. I used the game at the beginning of the thread as an example even though its WAD is on MarioCube already. However, my question about the Myrient listing is not in vain. For example, a game (or rather some DLC packs) I'm trying to decrypt can only be found on Myrient and not MarioCube or NUSDownloader as seen here: View attachment 374116View attachment 374117
At this point, I'm not entirely sure what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If you're trying to play Dragon Quest X on your Wii, it's not gonna be that simple. You can play the game on Dolphin, but the game doesn't work on USB Loaders. I thought the DLC WADs are on MarioCube.

GXCrossing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're trying to play Dragon Quest X on your Wii, it's not gonna be that simple. You can play the game on Dolphin, but the game doesn't work on USB Loaders. I thought the DLC WADs are on MarioCube.
(DLC) Technically that's partially true, unless these files are duplicates but I don't really know. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the files appear to be encrypted. My screenshots couldn't get the entirety of the folder since it contains so many files so that's why it seems a bit different. (Game) It's entirely possible this could be game files of some sort but once again I don't really know. Haven't tested the game itself. (Thanks for the heads up by the way) Overall, it was strange to me why these four packs together were 93 GB in size considering that seems ludicrous for Wii standards. Oh well, just my thoughts.

An Addendum:
Here's what the Myrient files (110 GB in size) look like:
Screenshot 2023-05-26 212854.png

And here's what the files on MarioCube (14.6GB in size) look like:

Screenshot 2023-05-26 214150.png

And another Addendum:
Through some "digging", I managed to find multiple (different?) versions of the game on Vimm's Lair, so that's another thing to think about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2