PS1/2 How Do I Mod My Ps2?

Kazuki003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hey guys im sorry for asking this question but..i've been reading some post saying how do i softmod my ps2 slim..

so here's my question...

when softmodding do i need swapmagic?? cant i use something else other than swapmagic?? cause in my area(COUNTRY!) there is no swapmagic available around here....

i live in Malaysia..

so anyway if there any other cd i can use to replace swapmagic..i would kindly thank you guys...

P.S:sorry for my bad english

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You only use Swap Magic if you don't want to softmod your PS2. Swap Magic is just a disk + some case mods that makes the DVD drive function when the cover's open (AFAIK).

Actual softmodding is done with an Action Replay or Codebreaker (one or the other, or both, I'm not sure) cheat disk and some other stuff. The sticky thread explains it pretty well.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can use some Swap Magic versions to softmod your ps2. Some of them(i don't know which) allow to boot any ps2 homebrew, so you can just launch the Free McBoot installer. On the ps2 compatible ps3s, you can even use Swap Magic to boot Open PS2 Loader to load games from network!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have a few options AFAIK.

You can use the Independence exploit which requires a method of installing a custom PS1 save on a memory card (e.g. some versions Codebreaker or Action Replay) and an original PS1 disc.

You can use a certain version of Action Replay (the version with the Media Player built it) to launch an ELF, e.g. the Free MCBoot Installler

You can use a disc such as Swap Magic to load an ELF (some versions of Swap Magic certainly allow loading ELFs from USB I think)

You can use a disc such as Swap Magic to boot a burnt, modified copy of a game (i.e. a game ripped on a computer, and then the ISO edited, with the main ELF of the game replaced, then burnt to a disc) (Should work with ALL versions of Swap Magic)

You can use an original disc and a burnt, modified version of the same game (the game must have more than one ELF e.g. a menu ELF and a game ELF, and you should replace the game ELF), you boot the original, wait till it loads to the menu, switch the disc to the burnt copy, then proceed to load the game, and it should load your replaced ELF. (Note: You don't switch disc by pressing eject, you must use a "fliptop" PS2 (i.e. top of PS2 modified to allow access to disc drive without opening drive) or a "slide card" to open drive without pressing eject (google to find out how to make one) )

I believe those are all the options, and I have no idea which work on what PS2s. I don't think Independence works on Slims, but I think the rest should.

Kazuki003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
SifJar said:
You have a few options AFAIK.

You can use the Independence exploit which requires a method of installing a custom PS1 save on a memory card (e.g. some versions Codebreaker or Action Replay) and an original PS1 disc.

You can use a certain version of Action Replay (the version with the Media Player built it) to launch an ELF, e.g. the Free MCBoot Installler

You can use a disc such as Swap Magic to load an ELF (some versions of Swap Magic certainly allow loading ELFs from USB I think)

You can use a disc such as Swap Magic to boot a burnt, modified copy of a game (i.e. a game ripped on a computer, and then the ISO edited, with the main ELF of the game replaced, then burnt to a disc) (Should work with ALL versions of Swap Magic)

You can use an original disc and a burnt, modified version of the same game (the game must have more than one ELF e.g. a menu ELF and a game ELF, and you should replace the game ELF), you boot the original, wait till it loads to the menu, switch the disc to the burnt copy, then proceed to load the game, and it should load your replaced ELF. (Note: You don't switch disc by pressing eject, you must use a "fliptop" PS2 (i.e. top of PS2 modified to allow access to disc drive without opening drive) or a "slide card" to open drive without pressing eject (google to find out how to make one) )

I believe those are all the options, and I have no idea which work on what PS2s. I don't think Independence works on Slims, but I think the rest should.

Hey Guys wassup...well since im from MALAYSIA...my english is not that good...and your guys english is so complicated(no offense) some of what you guys said...doesnt really get me..

anyway here's what i wanna do...

i want to play a burned ps2 game from my pc that i downloaded and play it on my ps2...so what do i need so that my ps2 can play it?? by the way my ps2 is the slim one...

im sorry...i really did read some guide..but i just need your guys opinion and some advice to...

P.S:I WILL TAKE MY OWN RESPONSIBILITY IF MY PS2 BROKE...OR SOME STUPID THINGS HAPPEN...(i think i should say this..right?)

another P.S: sorry for my bad and stupid english

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What is the model number of your ps2 slim? The new 9XXXX series does not work with free mcboot so lets start there first.

If you have model number like eg. 77004 you are good to install a softmod like free mcboot.
The easy way is swapmagic and a usb pendrive or armax evo with usb drive.
The complex way is disk swapping (in order to make this work you must cover a few sensors in you ps2 (the reason to why you have to cover sensors is that the ps2 detects diskswap when lid is open and will stop))

There is also the possibility to have other owners help you make a copy on your memory card.

Bluestainedroses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also install the FMCB with a memory card. I used the Memor32 for it. The extra 30+ MB for saves is really handy when you plan to play lots of games. I already filled one with saves and have 2+MB on the other one.

Kazuki003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hey guys..if possible..i want to use the method that doesnt involve using swapmagic(if there are any) i think its the sensor covering...atleast i think it is...cause in my place they dont sale swapmagic....

so i hope you guys can give me some tips/link on how to play a burned ps2 game with the sensor covering....i just hope it doesnt involve any swapmagic...

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kazuki003 said:
hey guys..if possible..i want to use the method that doesnt involve using swapmagic(if there are any) i think its the sensor covering...atleast i think it is...cause in my place they dont sale swapmagic....

so i hope you guys can give me some tips/link on how to play a burned ps2 game with the sensor covering....i just hope it doesnt involve any swapmagic...

What is the model of your ps2 slim??? look at the SCPH on the label there should be numbers like 70000,90001 or 75001... if it is not a 90000 model
head over to psx scene they will do it for you if your not that savy like some of us here just send your memory card.....

Kazuki003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
gisel213 said:
Kazuki003 said:

What is the model of your ps2 slim??? look at the SCPH on the label there should be numbers like 70000,90001 or 75001... if it is not a 90000 model
head over to psx scene they will do it for you if your not that savy like some of us here just send your memory card.....

sorry for the late reply..

i think its 90006....

soo...what should i do?

Kazuki003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
cobleman said:
http://www.hdadvance.com/hd_advance_where_to_buy.asp the usb version can be used for exploit too if you have bios 220 or below you should be able to use Freemcboot on the bottom of your console look for 8A or 8B ( in a square box) and some later 8C's also have bios 220

you're telling me this is the USB version??

oh by the way..i dont understand a thing you said..sorry dude

is there any DISK SWAPPING version without using SWAPMAGIC? cause if it only need me to cover a couple of sensor and swapping disk..and some other thing...i think i can do that..

by the way...the link you gave me...i dont see any MALAYSIA there...i dont see Malaysia or Singapore

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
cobleman said:
http://www.hdadvance.com/hd_advance_where_to_buy.asp versi usb boleh digunakan untuk mengeksploitasi juga jika anda mempunyai BIOS 220 atau di bawah anda harus boleh menggunakan Freemcboot pada bahagian bawah konsol mencari 8A atau 8B (dalam kotak persegi) dan beberapa kemudian 8C juga mempunyai BIOS 220

From the rules

QUOTEWe are an English speaking community. Please post in legible English ONLY.

Kazuki003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Kazuki003 said:
cobleman said:
http://www.hdadvance.com/hd_advance_where_to_buy.asp the usb version can be used for exploit too if you have bios 220 or below you should be able to use Freemcboot on the bottom of your console look for 8A or 8B ( in a square box) and some later 8C's also have bios 220

you're telling me this is the USB version??

oh by the way..i dont understand a thing you said..sorry dude

is there any DISK SWAPPING version without using SWAPMAGIC? cause if it only need me to cover a couple of sensor and swapping disk..and some other thing...i think i can do that..

by the way...the link you gave me...i dont see any MALAYSIA there...i dont see Malaysia or Singapore
sry dude i still dont understand it.. but do you know how to do it with the disk swapping method?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/