How do I make cheats with NTR or Gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by sairathnavamsi, Nov 12, 2016.

1. sairathnavamsi
    OP

sairathnavamsi Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    United States
    Title says all. Please say how to do it step by step or link some guides. Thanks in advance.

2. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
  3. sairathnavamsi
    OP

sairathnavamsi Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    United States
    Ya i know gateway ram searching, what i mean is i wanna know how to make a general code for a specific thing to happen. I want pokemon super mystery dungeon floor modifier cheat, gateway or ntr so badly..

4. Heran Bago

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    yeah. if you can find the ram value for floor number, you could in theory manipulate that with a code.

5. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    we tried making that code but there's a different pointer every time the console is reset and im too lazy to repeat the process

6. sairathnavamsi
    OP

sairathnavamsi Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    United States
    Ok, but in that guide, there is no 3ds code type or encryption, i want to learn how to make cheats only for 3ds. So can you please say where can i find that??

7. Heran Bago

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    It's the same basic principle. Once you have successfully made some codes for one system, that knowledge and skillset can be ported over. Try it for a couple other systems to learn first.
    If what DarkFlare69 says is true, the pointer/address is dynamic which makes it trickier.

8. sairathnavamsi
    OP

sairathnavamsi Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    United States
    Hey, i have learnt basic codes using similar guide, now how do i make a common cheat for dynamic pointer??

Edit: i learnt codes for 3ds directly from https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-create-gateway-cheat-codes.410926/

Last edited by sairathnavamsi, Nov 13, 2016
  9. Nanquitas

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    South of France :)
    First you'll need to find the base pointer of everything.

When you'll have it you'll be able to deal with those random pointers.
    As for finding it, you first find your object, the pointer to this object, the pointer to the pointer, etc until there's nothing.
    Then you start again.

A good soft for that is ARDS, you'll need at least two ram dumps as well as the address to the objects for each dump.