Hacking how do i install wads using the homebrew channel

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know about something called wad installer and wad manager at least that is what i think they are called but can they both be used in the homebrew channel or just a separate channels in the wii menu.if i'm able to use them in the homebrew channel i prefer that.can someone give me the steps on how to use the wad files.i do know i need my sd card formatted to fat but i think it should already be because i needed to do that to install my homebrew channel.

also i need help getting my neogeo emulator working on my homebrew channel all i get is the list of games i have downloaded. my emulators called gxgeo.if i can't get the emulator to work i will get a wad file for the neogeo.
the bio i got for it is called uni-bios-2.3 it only came with one bio in the zipped file.

porchemasi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
emulators work i think ONLY in DOL/ELF via HBC9

the emulator in the form of a WAD is just that program in a separate channel

stick to installing dol/elf into the HBC. Custom made WADS may brick your wii!

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you already have HBC installed, just download WadManager 1.3 from HERE!!!!! and put it in the apps folder. Then make a folder called WADS on the root of your SD card and place the wads there.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright thankyou Ga1l0w and porchemasi. if i ever do this now it really is going to be just for wiiware games because wad files have a possibility of breaking my wii i rather take my chances with wiiware games not games that i can get using an emulator.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
wiiware games can also brick your wii, you know.

i know i said that but i gave up with wads right now as soon as was ready to get megaman 9.there is no real wiiware game that interest me anyway.i got to know though is nintendo the one who bricks the wii or is it just the homemade wad.

anyway i have wii connect24 turned off and i doubt the homebrew channel itself can break my wii.if it does i will get a new wii and use the homebrew channel again with that.

D

Deleted User

No
1)suddenly finished downloaded wad can brick your wii. (By suddenly, I meant, e.g; ETA should be 12 minutes, but it finished in 1 minute)
2)Corrupt wad can brick your wii,
3)bad homemade wad can brick your Wii.

Nintendo just couldn't brick your Wii, they could be it would be a longshot.

Turn wiiconnect24 on, it's safe. Well, only if you're below 3.4 that is.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
No
1)suddenly finished downloaded wad can brick your wii. (By suddenly, I meant, e.g; ETA should be 12 minutes, but it finished in 1 minute)
2)Corrupt wad can brick your wii,
3)bad homemade wad can brick your Wii.

Nintendo just couldn't brick your Wii, they could be it would be a longshot.

Turn wiiconnect24 on, it's safe. Well, only if you're below 3.4 that is.

i am below 3.4 but if i turn it on wiiconnect24 won't the system update on its own to 3.4?
another question if you don't mind me asking if the wii is on firmware 3.4 what makes it not safe nintendo could actually catch a person downloading games using their homebrew channel or the wad files.

D

Deleted User

1) No, been turning on wiiconnect24 since updated and downgraded, nothing happened.
2) What?

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
1) No, been turning on wiiconnect24 since updated and downgraded, nothing happened.
2) What?

thanks for answering my questions but how do you downgrade the wii anyway.i don't need to do this but i would like to know if you don't mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1