How do I install CWCheat on 5.03 GEN-A?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Skyline969, Jun 20, 2009.

Jun 20, 2009
  1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    I'm an idiot when it comes to installing stuff like this, especially since I have no background knowledge on PSP hacking. Could someone teach me how to install CWCheat on 5.03 GEN-A firmware? I have a PSP3000, so I hope I don't brick my PSP.

Jeez, the things I do just to be able to change to Rue with his hat off on command on Threads of Fate. [​IMG]

2. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Erm that's why theres a readme. In your CWCheats folder after extraction, there is a folder named Install. In your install folder, there is a folder called seplugins. Inside that, there are stuff that have the number 150 in the filename, delete those. The rest is what you need. So drag and drop the seplugins folder into the root of your memory card. Start your PSP, enter HEN and GEN-A, Press select, go to recovery menu, Go to CPU speed, and enable both of the CWCheat plugins. Go in a game and hold select for 3 seconds and a menu should pop up.

I'm trying to find the latest version of CWCheat as the current one I have freezes, is glitchy, and is detectd online...

3. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Well, the CWCheat I got is the latest one, according to Consoleworld. I'm hoping it doesn't mess up.
    And why would I have to go to CPU Speed? Oh right, the glitch - by selecting CPU Speed, I'm actually selecting the option under it, right? Thanks for the help. [​IMG]

4. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mine is the latest too, apparently but it still freezes. I have the 2.2 Revision D or whatever. I have yet gotten a reply on why CWCheat freezes.