Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BigBlueMenu is outdated, use FBI instead.
Post automatically merged:

Uh, "bigbluemenu"?
It's a title manager for the 3DS, similar to FBI.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hacked my new 2ds, so please give me a "noob" tutorial.
Not sure how you got it hacked, and what (outdated?) guide you were following (that made you think you needed bigbluemenu).. Nevertheless, if you have Luma3DS installed and b9s, you can follow this to get the necessary homebrew apps that you'll need.

It might help if you gave a bit more details about your system, like what firmware you're on and what version of Luma3DS you installed etc. i'm asking because you might need to update from A9lh to b9s if you're on an old version of Luma3DS (v.7 or below)..

Last edited by CoolMe,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're most likely right. he might have a9lh. that's around when those apps were. I think one, if not both, are 3ds files that require a flashcart to run. there may be a cia version, just can't remember.

Reactions: CoolMe

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure how you got it hacked, and what (outdated?) guide you were following (that made you think you needed bigbluemenu)..
Most likely video tutorials.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Most likely video tutorials.
Ah.. the most classic mistake of them all. Honestly, if I owned youtube I think I'd (kind of) ban homebrew video tutorials on the grounds of them being horridly outdated by the time they rise to the top of search results. (Maybe not ban, but probably forcibly unlist?)

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If more people spread the word about how video guides are SUPER outdated and the risks that come to them, then hopefully they should become obsolete in the long run, and that many would instead resort to text guides. But then again, text guides can also be outdated as well.

Anyways, like already mentioned in the 2nd post, go to https://3ds.hacks.guide/ to get your info.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
If more people spread the word about how video guides are SUPER outdated and the risks that come to them, then hopefully they should become obsolete in the long run, and that many would instead resort to text guides. But then again, text guides can also be outdated as well.

Anyways, like already mentioned in the 2nd post, go to https://3ds.hacks.guide/ to get your info.
Still, text guides are easier to update since you can just change the lines of your html, whereas for youtube videos... you'd need to delete the video, and start again from 0 views.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still, text guides are easier to update since you can just change the lines of your html, whereas for youtube videos... you'd need to delete the video, and start again from 0 views.
Agreed.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hell, even reddit/tumblr/gbatemp posts are easier to update! If I ever make a video guide for anything that ISN'T a physical/practical process (e.g. how to set up windows, not how to replace a tire) I'd always put a reminder at the start of the video to check for an updated guide before doing anything. And even then I'd still rather make a text guide!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol