Hacking How do I get UNEEK to work?

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One more question: can I try to use UNEEK+DI when my system menue is 4.1E or does the real NAND have to have the same FW version (>4.1) for +DI?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You are right, without bootmii as boot2, you shouldn't mess too much with the original nand contents and system menu.

There is debug output coming from uneek, but you need an usb gecko to capture it and view it on your pc.

I am working on a system to regain full sd access in sneek and full usb access in uneek. To use it, you need a different s(u)neek version and the homebrew needs some small modifications as well. Those are pretty simple to implement, and the homebrew stays compatible when it's used on a real nand.

In the tutorial section, you can find my article that describes the use of sneek in a sd-only setup. It might contain usefull information for a more generic setup as well.

Do you have a specific purpose for your sneek setup, like playing a game backup that doesn't work with the usb loaders, or playing some VC - Wiiware? It's also possible that you are trying to create a more brick proof system on your wii.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, as SNEEK works, and UNEEK/UNEEK+DI fail to work, I guess it's the fault of my HDD... guess I'll have to find another one for UNEEK.

I want to use an emulated NAND to have a rather brick-proof system and for my VC/WiiWare games... they are taking up too much space... I already deleted the internet channel but having "unlimited" space would be the best solution.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I fully agree about the fact that unlimited space is better for VC / Wiiware.
It is strange that uneek has more problems with incompatible harddisks than usbloaders and the homebrew channel.

As your harddisk is giant, trying out with one partition isn't an option as it will need 64KB clusters for the 2TB partition.

Maybe someone needs to change the uneek sources a little so that they write their debug info in a file on the sd card.
It's fustrating when the only feedback it's giving you is a flashing blue led.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Right... and I can't help solving the issue that way, either
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat