tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,

I have a softmodded Wii on 4.1E (Bootmii installed as IOS). I'm playing games via conf. USB Loader and everything works fine so far but now I wanted to use UNEEK so I am not limited with my games anymore.
yaywii.gif

I set everything up (HDD properly formatted, etc.), used ModMii to download all files and moved them to their locations and used switch2uneek to switch to the emulated NAND but to no avail. If I re-enter switch2uneek, I get the option to go back to the real NAND - thus I think it's properly set up.
However, whether I try accessing Bootmii with the emulated NAND or switch2uneek, I just get a black screen forever. The Wii disc LED is flickering but the HDD shows no activity... and that's it. I let it run for at least 20mins but nothing changed.

Any idea what's going wrong? What could I try?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
The Wii disc LED is flickering but the HDD shows no activity... and that's it.
Uneek is really hard to get to work properly, I got it to work like
QUOTE(FIX94 @ Apr 25 2011, 12:07 PM) You will need the cert from your real NAND. If you have a bootmii dump, extract it and copy the cert from the sys folder to the sys folder from the modmii NAND.
I'm sure this will also help you.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thx for your reply...
I already put the cert.sys into the proper folder (ModMii mentioned that) but that didn't help anything... I'd try using my NAND backup but I get an error after some time, it can't extract something and then it doesn't proceed.
Anyways, I'm wondering what could cause that issue... I found a list of LED signals in another thread but I don't have 1-5 flashes... it flashes constantly!
Also it's strange that the Wii doesn't restart automatically using switch2uneek (which it's supposed to IIRC). It works when switching to the real NAND but when I want to switch to UNEEK it'll just show that it's moved the NAND folders and that's it...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
it flashes constantly!
I had this error yesterday, I simply restarted it and it worked. If you get an error while extracting your backup I highly recommend giantpune's nandextract from the nand tools.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Heh...I had that same thing with simple FS dumper. I think I had to scourge for a not-the-latest-version to get it to work. But in the end, you can just as well use a backup nand created with bootmii. You only have to extract it at the end (which is a simple option in showmiiwads).

A question: are you 100% sure that the drive is partitioned correctly? I had that same error, and on my end, it turned out that my FAT32 drive used 64kb cluster size (which is the standard if you use EASEUS partitioning master). It has to be 32kb or it will just keep blinking.

I also heard mentionings that you should at least have one game in discex format. Not sure if that is still needed, but it won't hurt to at least convert a game.

A few other links to the completesoftmodguide:
click here for the complete install procedure (worth reviewing, even if you followed modmii's install)
possible other causes for it not loading

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two different sd cards, on for uneek only. an one for the regular homebrew stuff. you could try that if you haven't already. you don't need to dump your nand, modmii can make you one using your numbers off the bottom of the wii. it had taken me three times to get uneek working.. know it works with out fail.. but i'm sure you know all this an have tried. all i can say is don't give up. make sure all your file are set up. the only thing i can think of is your missing your bootmii uneek file. just the same as regular bootmii but set up for uneek. but you also need that folder to. an to me there is no noticeable difference between sneek or uneek. though there might be. but uneek is easier to set up in my opinion.

my files set up.

bootmii-sd booter1
bootmiiuneek
boot elf
installer
ect.......

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wever said:
Heh...I had that same thing with simple FS dumper. I think I had to scourge for a not-the-latest-version to get it to work. But in the end, you can just as well use a backup nand created with bootmii. You only have to extract it at the end (which is a simple option in showmiiwads).
Well, yes, but it doesn't work... there must be a corrupt title or something, I just get an error and then it STOPs - same thing happens with nandExtract btw.

QUOTE said:
A question: are you 100% sure that the drive is partitioned correctly? I had that same error, and on my end, it turned out that my FAT32 drive used 64kb cluster size (which is the standard if you use EASEUS partitioning master). It has to be 32kb or it will just keep blinking.
Yes, absolutely. It's the first partition, it's primary, active and using 32kB cluster size... but I have another primary partition on that HDD - might that cause problems?!
unsure.gif

QUOTE said:
I also heard mentionings that you should at least have one game in discex format. Not sure if that is still needed, but it won't hurt to at least convert a game.
I added a game but there's no difference.

I also added missing folders (temp, shared2, etc.) to the NAND (ModMii didn't create them as they are - I guess - created when needed) but that didn't help, either.

QUOTE(shortz1994 @ Jun 17 2011, 07:36 AM)
make sure all your file are set up. the only thing i can think of is your missing your bootmii uneek file. just the same as regular bootmii but set up for uneek. but you also need that folder to. an to me there is no noticeable difference between sneek or uneek. though there might be. but uneek is easier to set up in my opinion.
Well, that file is created by ModMii... thus it's present.

EDiT: I also tried to remove my USB hub (used for the mics) and also switched USB ports - still no dice
frown.gif

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The reason you should try sneek first is because it doesn't need your harddisk. A working sneek setup proves that your emulated nand is working.
After that, you can copy the nand folders from sd to usb. and try uneek.
If uneek works, you can add the di.bin and font.bin and you can add the game folder with at least one game.
Uneek can be picky about it's harddisk. Sometimes disks that work fine with usb loaders don't work with uneek.
I don't know if multiple partitions are allowed. What usb disk are you using?

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And here I am again
wink.gif

SNEEK works as far as I can see. It boots up (with the cool green wii menu - what a pity that I can't use it in my real NAND) and I can use the installed channels... but the homebrew filter doesn't list any apps (neither from SD nor from USB) and crashes when I press the left/right arrows.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the homebrew filter is a spin off of the channel, some people use this to read whats on the sd card from homebrew, if they use one sd card. i added homebrew browser, to my apps folder for uneek. though pointless, it works. just as on real nand. playing with it i found some apps that work an some that don't. you can do that. if you want. or since you have it working now, just copy the working sneek card over to the one card. the apps i know work in uneek, are yawmm ,dop mii.( i hate mmm) an of course wiimc. havent went any further then those, cause of most i have in real nand. this is what might be causing the crash. not sure, just my idea.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm... I moved it over but it's still not displaying any apps (though there are LOTS and they are properly displayed in HBC). Which HBC version can be installed to SNEEK/UNEEK? IIRC 1.0.8 doesn't work.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to say 1.0.7 but i could be wrong. although 1.0.8 should work, but you'll have to add it with show me wads/nand. from your nand dump. cause hackmii dosent work with uneek/sneek..(again as far as i know). wish i could be of more help. but not a developer. sorry.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
And here I am again
wink.gif

SNEEK works as far as I can see. It boots up (with the cool green wii menu - what a pity that I can't use it in my real NAND) and I can use the installed channels... but the homebrew filter doesn't list any apps (neither from SD nor from USB) and crashes when I press the left/right arrows.

Sneek'sd acces is not enabled by default.
Because sneek is emulated from SD.

Uneek needs a game in the games folder in disc ex format.
Use modmii to set it up. First boot can take some time.

The green system menu could also be applied to your "real" Nand, no problem you just need the right version or make it the right version.

Start over, delete all Uneek related folders and files from your USB drive, and start over.
It has to work.

Don't bother with the HBC wads or installers, just use the homebrew filter channel.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hielkenator said:
Sneek'sd acces is not enabled by default.
Because sneek is emulated from SD.
Eurrr... so I can't use any SD "features" with SNEEK but have to resort to loading apps from USB?

QUOTE said:
Uneek needs a game in the games folder in disc ex format.
Use modmii to set it up. First boot can take some time.
Already done but doesn't help, either... however I read that only UNEEK-DI may need a game?

QUOTE said:
The green system menu could also be applied to your "real" Nand, no problem you just need the right version or make it the right version.
Sure, but I don't have bootmii in boot2... thus I don't want to risk it.

Start over, delete all Uneek related folders and files from your USB drive, and start over.
It has to work.
Well, if my HDD is incompatible, that'd explain it... it's such a pity that there isn't any debug output that would help to identify the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...