ROM Hack How do I get NSBMD textures to compile in Format 5 (Texel 4x4)?

scenikeight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
"Compile" might not be the right terminology, I'll try to explain what's happening.
The NSBMD file I'm trying to edit is textured, so there's no NSBTX file in the game. I've been able to extract everything perfectly fine, edit the textures in Photoshop and replaced them in the OBJ in Blender, etc. I've used NitroModel_Converter to convert the OBJ file with the textures and it's come out weirdly, some textures are named incorrectly and there's duplicates of one; this method doesn't seem to work for what I need to do, and putting it back into the game causes it to freeze when it reaches where this model appears.
I then tried a different method, compiling the textures I needed into an NSBTX file, then putting it and the NSBMD together into a textured NSBMD using MKDS Course Modifier. This ALMOST worked, the textures are now named and organised correctly and the game is able to play the model when it appears. However, using this method the textures have turned into Format 4 (256 Color) and not Format 5 (Texel 4x4), which is what the game needs them to be. While the model appears, the textures don't actually show up, so it's completely white in-game.
How do I put them in correctly, or convert them to Format 5? Is there a different program I should be using? I tried to look at the game using NSBMe, but I can't work out how to even get the compressed folder the model is in to "open" the same way it does in Tinke. For the record, even though the previous attempts at editing the model didn't work, the textures were still in Format 5 when I checked them in Tinke. I'm not sure why this method changed that.
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or one that's been answered before, I couldn't find anything about it searching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out