How do i get games on chromebook linux? im so lost :[

neoncelery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! so like i just got the Linux beta on this new Chromebook i got. I've never used Linux in my life me being a windows boi ever since i started using computers kekeke, but seriously bois all i have is terminal and Im only trying to get minecraft java edition and terraria(for free like the pirate i am yohoho) on this thing through Linux because there's no other way to get minecraft java edition and terraria pc version on chromebook right? I have no idea how to reach this goal I've been trying to learn how to do these things trust me but no one has clear tutorials on how to soooo...Im hoping you guys got the secret sauce ;D pls and thank you<3 give it to me straight docs :'[

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys! so like i just got the Linux beta on this new Chromebook i got. I've never used Linux in my life me being a windows boi ever since i started using computers kekeke, but seriously bois all i have is terminal and Im only trying to get minecraft java edition and terraria(for free like the pirate i am yohoho) on this thing through Linux because there's no other way to get minecraft java edition and terraria pc version on chromebook right? I have no idea how to reach this goal I've been trying to learn how to do these things trust me but no one has clear tutorials on how to soooo...Im hoping you guys got the secret sauce ;D pls and thank you<3 give it to me straight docs :'[
You should try using a different Linux distro like Debian or Ubuntu.
For Terraria you might need Ubuntu, but Ubuntu is based off Debian so it might work there.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't be pirate, its illegal. Please, don't pirate video games.

Posted on GBA-Temp on 3DS [For some reason]

dudeguy2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to get Minecraft for free like a dirty pirate, you can download a free minecraft launcher from a website (the .jar file),
and then
(assuming you downloaded the launcher to Downloads folder and is named MinecraftLauncher.jar)
Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install default-jre default-jdk && java ~/Downloads/MinecraftLauncher.jar

If you also want to download terraria for free like a disgusting little worm, you can scour the internet for a .deb file or a .tar.gz file, "chmod +x" the binary, and then run it

• Haha
Reactions: Marc_LFD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to get Minecraft for free like a dirty pirate, you can download a free minecraft launcher from a website (the .jar file),
and then
(assuming you downloaded the launcher to Downloads folder and is named MinecraftLauncher.jar)
Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install default-jre default-jdk && java ~/Downloads/MinecraftLauncher.jar

If you also want to download terraria for free like a disgusting little worm, you can scour the internet for a .deb file or a .tar.gz file, "chmod +x" the binary, and then run it

wait... are you agreeing with me? [or am i just retarded...]

• Haha
Reactions: dudeguy2022

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth: