Gaming how do i get back the old windows live messenger?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the new one is ugly ...
i hate the new design ,
and it feels as if it's becoming more of a social program over a plain messenger .

is there any archive of some sort ,
that i could find the old windows live messenger?
i would prefer it over this new 2011 version .

right now i don't want any alternatives .
so don't recommend me anything , i am just on a search to find the old Windows Live Messenger download .

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes it will still say you have a newer version once you uninstall it. Use ZapMessenger if it does that.

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir-Fritz said:
You do know thiers a button to make it mostly resemble the old design (just a contact list)....

Even so, it still has major changes to it. Such as the fact that you can't message while appearing offline, links to bing when you type certain words, emoticons that look like desperate pedophiles, inability to block people (at least I couldn't find the option), etc.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stephapanda said:
Sir-Fritz said:
You do know thiers a button to make it mostly resemble the old design (just a contact list)....

Even so, it still has major changes to it. Such as the fact that you can't message while appearing offline, links to bing when you type certain words, emoticons that look like desperate pedophiles, inability to block people (at least I couldn't find the option), etc.
this .
it's alright ,
i found an archive of the old messenger !
thank you super old archive on Back-Up HDD that is only 11 months old
biggrin.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The ability to block people has been rephrased into "appearing offline to" that person. It's probably an attempt to get out of the mental stigma that people associate with "blocking" their friends when they just want to appear offline.

Either way, I don't like the new version, so I'm going to give pidgin a try. It might give me an excute to go online YIM again...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1