How do i fade raise/lower audio pitch in Sony Vegas Pro 12?

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know how to raise/lower the audio pitch in Vegas Pro 12, but i wanna edit a audio track so that the pitch is normal at first, but then it raises in pitch in a couple of seconds, like a fade but in pitch-raising form.
Does anyone know how to do it?

D

Deleted User

I'm not well-versed in Vegas Pro 12 (I use 14) but the way I would do it is split the audio tracks and put the one you want to make higher on all different audio tracks. Maybe you can find a way to keyframe amplitude effect.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The sort of thing you see when someone humorously fast fowards a segment?
Various options

1) Increase playback speed of video. Might not be ideal if you need a different export rate and are not double speeding it or something that allows you a simple frame rate conversion.
2) Increase playback speed of audio track, will run out of audio and it will desync if you do this but the video will remain the same. If maintaining sync through the segment (there is a reason these segments in a normal film might be done on a freeze frame or a simple pan down across a piece of text or something) is not a concern then this is plenty doable.
3) Do a pitch increase using a more adaptive algorithm (it will fairly intelligently inject silence and remove silence from within sounds). Should remain same length but is more processor intensive. http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/change_pitch.html is the method in audacity, though you can get more complex http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/sliding_time_scale_pitch_shift.html
I don't know if vegas will have this inbuilt.

I am not so familiar with modern vegas and can barely remember the old one at this point but those are the three methods people would use to do this, other than redubbing it of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol