How do I enable plugins?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by GuyInDogSuit, Dec 16, 2016.

1. GuyInDogSuit
    OP

GuyInDogSuit I ain't your pa.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    I installed GoHANmem 2.0 in the right folder but Select + Right aren't doing anything.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    You need to create a game.txt file in the plugins folder as well and put the path of the plugin in as well as a 1 after it.

So like:
    Code:
    ux0:plugins/GoHANmem.suprx 1

3. GuyInDogSuit
    OP

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    GoHANmem comes with that game.txt file, already set up with that line.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    You are trying to use it with backup games only, correct? And you don't have any other plugins activated that might interfere with Gohanmem? Also make sure you're holding the buttons down long enough as well, sometimes it takes a few seconds.

Other than that the only thing I can suggest is try deleting the plugins folder and re-transfer the plugins and a game.txt over.

5. GuyInDogSuit
    OP

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    Games installed from mai dumps, yes. No other plugins installed, either. Tried holding the keys for a few seconds (ten, even), and no dice.

6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Perhaps try loading games with different load options in MaiDump? There's really no reason it shouldn't be working, the only thing I can think of is either your game.txt is wrong somehow or your plugin is corrupt.

GuyInDogSuit likes this.
  7. GuyInDogSuit
    OP

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    Set load mode to 0 in MaiDump, which enabled plugins. Works now! Yay!

Thanks, Mr. Pennywise! lol

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit, Dec 16, 2016
  8. soitre

soitre Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2013
    Excuse me, I have some trouble with plugins also, but I don't want to make a new thread, so I will post here.

Actually, the only game which I can use plugin on my PS Vita right now is Steins;Gate (VT 2.0), so I guess there's no problem with game.txt settings, right?

For the rest (all is mai dump), I can't activate any plugin in-game. I tried to change mode 5, 6 or 0, I also tried to rebuild database but still no success. I'm using Vita 1k EU 3G edition, is someone have the same situation?

====

tl;dr: On my PS Vita right now, I can use plugin for Steins;Gate VT2.0 only but it doesn't work for the rest (maidump). Already changed mode, rebuilded database. So how to fix it? Thank in advance.

9. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    If it works in one game it'll work in all dumped games, so it's not a game.txt problem.

I honestly don't know why you might be having issues, I've never had any problems with plugins loading with any of my dumped games, maidump or Vitamin. I can't really suggest much else beyond deleting the plugins folder and transferring it over again.

soitre likes this.
  10. soitre

soitre Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2013
    You're my life saver man! Thank you so much, every plugins work fine now. Damn, I stuck with that problem since the beginning of plugin development and really frustrated. Thank you again.