ROM Hack how do I edit a cia file and get it to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my copy of the yt app works it just doesn't show any youtube while its opened and when I edit the link inside the cia for it it just doesn't install

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it shows a blank white screen instead of the youtube mobile site

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you can view text in cias using hxd although editing cias normally makes them uninstallable for some reason

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

maybe I can try extracting the cia with that hackingtoolkit

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think the app uses opera because inside the cia it says opera on it when you open it with hxd
 
people like you don't understand cell phones are evil spying devices that are garbage plus my parents keep taking my ethernet so I need a way to browse the web on my 3ds when that happens and I can't use my switch because they took it and the built in 3ds web browser sucks especially compared to the dsi browser or that original ds browser

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't even own a phone

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and apparently the youtube app uses opera which is interesting

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also how do I add more ram to my 3ds?
 
https://imgur.com/qZbCU0w

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when I replace the link and try installing the cia again it doesn't work with the changed link

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a feeling that the mobile app link the app uses doesn't work anymore but I'm not 100% sure
 
Last edited by supermariofan123,
Nothing you do will get it working. They can detect the app used not just the link. It's an unsupported app so the server will reject it.
 
aw man its a port of a version of opera right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so maybe I can learn how to make apps for the 3ds and then try and port that version myself
 
lol you can't install ram lol its a hardware thing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that makes your computer quicker and is good for running minecraft servers

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and if you have lots of ram you can make a server with lots of players

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this is a good video about the app and he's right about it using opera it even says opera inside the cia file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wait he doesn't talk about opera

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm dumb

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it has something called opera.tor in it though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

idk what tor files do
 
Last edited by supermariofan123,
ROTFLMAO it's never going to work fix your life in the tasks your parents ask of u and I bet they will give u more freedom
 
Youtube on 3ds has become unusable, and officially unsupported. There is nothing to do anymore to bring it back, and as far as I know, every known workarounds no longer work.

I think there is no need to keep this thread open any longer.


ps: if there's something to add to a reply, the edit button is very useful. Seeing countless "do not double post" isn't terribly elegant.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News