Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On #DSOrganize this guy said he boots up YSMenu by pressing the left icon, the official firmware by the middle one, and if he holds B while loading the middle one he boots up Sakura. How is this possible?
I was thinking of doing
Left: Official
Middle: Moonshell
Middle (B): Sakura

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
reaper00004 said:
On #DSOrganize this guy said he boots up YSMenu by pressing the left icon, the official firmware by the middle one, and if he holds B while loading the middle one he boots up Sakura. How is this possible?
I was thinking of doing
Left: Official
Middle: Moonshell
Middle (B): Sakura

You don't really need moonshell on as well as Sakura if your going to use Sakura as your media player
smile.gif

Delete the _DS_MSHL.nds file and the moonshl folder from your mem card ...and replace just it with the DLDI Sakura.nds file and the Sakura folder that comes with it ....

now rename the Sakura.nds file to _DS_MSHL.nds and you can now from the R4 options press the MULTIMEDIA (middle) icon and it will load SAKURA instead of what it used to load (moonshell 1.71)
smile.gif

start over with the full download of R4 1.18 KERNEL ...

you can also have moonshell on there at the same time rename the _DS_MSHL.nds file from the R4 kernel to moonshell.nds

and dont delete the moonshl folder and load it as a normal ds file by loading the moonshell.nds file when needed
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
reaper00004 said:
But still, how do I do the holding B thing?

no ideas!?

I found that doing the above way was the easiest .. but in the end when I was using my R4 I used the SAKURA for the middle button and removed moonshell 1.71 all together as it kinda defeated the object of having both on just to play my media
smile.gif

benefits of Sakura too is that media can be played from anywhere like loading the .skn files they work from anywhere
smile.gif

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, the B button thing is used by having a file called "default.nds" in the root menu. Not sure if that works. It might just autoboot that file and holding B cancels it, I can't remember. Give it a try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out