Hacking How do i decrypt Ren'py png files?

Impossible_Igntiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone that's well knowledgeable with Ren'py especially the Nintendo Switch ports of them (mostly done by Gamuzumi) that would be very grateful!

the reason i'm asking is so i can start doing an uncensored mod for those games done by the company with it's highly encrypted files...

for example here's how it looks:

Screenshot.png
Screenshot (2).png

Any software you guys recommend to view the .png or a way to re-encrypt the visible ones from the original PC files?

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ren'Py uses unencrypted PNG. If they are encrypted it means that there is modified engine use. You need to re engine and find encryption scheme.

Impossible_Igntiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ren'Py uses unencrypted PNG. If they are encrypted it means that there is modified engine use. You need to re engine and find encryption scheme.
I already found a way, just replace the pngs from the PC version and it automatically reads it, now my new problem is how to make the .rpyc files from the PC version readable for the Switch ports...

but that doesn't matter anymore as i found a new game (from a different company) that also uses Ren'Py for it's engine for their russian Visual Novel games except this one is structured different and is very easy to replace whatever game you want and the game will automatically load up that one instead similar to how Cotton Saturn Tribute engine works.

Granbli

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already found a way, just replace the pngs from the PC version and it automatically reads it, now my new problem is how to make the .rpyc files from the PC version readable for the Switch ports...

but that doesn't matter anymore as i found a new game (from a different company) that also uses Ren'Py for it's engine for their russian Visual Novel games except this one is structured different and is very easy to replace whatever game you want and the game will automatically load up that one instead similar to how Cotton Saturn Tribute engine works.
Hi did you ever figure out how to mod Gamuzumi games? I was trying to reverse engineer the uncensor mod for Sakura Dungeon. But no matter what I do, I couldn't get the mod to work. I could replace png files but none of the rpyc files from pc would work.
Post automatically merged:

Hi did you ever figure out how to mod Gamuzumi games? I was trying to reverse engineer the uncensor mod for Sakura Dungeon. But no matter what I do, I couldn't get the mod to work. I could replace png files but none of the rpyc files from pc would work.

Impossible_Igntiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post automatically merged:

oh actually i've found myself a app that could auto build any Ren'py made game you want, i'll PM you the app and where i got it.

Reactions: Granbli

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ