How do I backup cart or retrieve my header?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jajhohner, Oct 16, 2014.

1. jajhohner
    OP

jajhohner Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2014
    Switzerland
    I have a scene dump of SSB4 and a cartridge that arrived today.

Perhaps I missed it but I didn't see a way to backup my cart. I searched and a topic said only scene groups have the hardware/tools needed to backup a cart but that was also back in 2012.

I'd like to use the header of my cartridge on the scene dump. So how do I go about finding the header info?

Also, is there a way to turn my cartridge into a .dz? So that I can do so in the future with other games that I purchase? Or is there still no way for the common folk?

2. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    You dump it with gateway launcher.. and for the 3dz you just rename it . It's just a name change nothing else

jajhohner likes this.
  3. jajhohner
    OP

jajhohner Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2014
    Switzerland
    xD thanks. I didn't see it listed in the manual and haven't actually loaded up the launcher in a while. Silly me.

4. CIH137

CIH137 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    jajhohner likes this.
  5. jajhohner
    OP

jajhohner Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2014
    Switzerland
  6. CIH137

CIH137 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2013
    United States

Yeah, I got generator Rex at gamestop for like $2 used and dumped the game and got my header. took like 5 mins. Then I struggled to actually download the rom patcher cause nortan hates exe files. But after that I just exported the header to a bin file and imported it just like the guide said. It took care of all the reformatting (I hope) so I should be able to play online once Gateway releases 9.x