Gaming How cool would it be to have mafia on the DS?

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I mean seriously...I just learned how to play this game last month and I am in love with it
smile.gif

Mafia:Killer
Detective: Similar to sheriff
Doctor: Savior
and other extra characters as more players come in such as the hitman... But yea...for those who know the game...wouldn't it be so cool to have a homebrew base on this game similar to the online chess thing? Like people play online with each other over a long period of time? I mean...it would probably need a way of relaying messages as a method of communication life defending while you are accused and what not...but yea...any thoughts? ^^

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
I mean seriously...I just learned how to play this game last month and I am in love with it
smile.gif

Mafia:Killer
Detective: Similar to sheriff
Doctor: Savior
and other extra characters as more players come in such as the hitman... But yea...for those who know the game...wouldn't it be so cool to have a homebrew base on this game similar to the online chess thing? Like people play online with each other over a long period of time? I mean...it would probably need a way of relaying messages as a method of communication life defending while you are accused and what not...but yea...any thoughts? ^^
The thing is, a lot of Mafia comes down to facial expressions, tone of voice, and so on. (No, the DS microphone is not good enough.) It's kind of pointless if you're not really there.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The thing is, a lot of Mafia comes down to facial expressions, tone of voice, and so on. (No, the DS microphone is not good enough.) It's kind of pointless if you're not really there.

are you on Drugs? He's talking about the game, which was very good (oh the Nostalgia!) if I can remember clearly it was just like GTA except it was set in the 1930's (friggin' awesome!
biggrin.gif
), I think you should wait for chinatown wars that might tickle your fancy, and yes it would be very cool to have mafia on the DS but I guess some things are too good to be true (and some developers clearly can't see a market for money even though there isn't another game like it on the DS and loads of people want it)

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's also a card game named Mafia that sounds very similar to what he described so it's understandable that Ruri might have mistaken it for something else. In the card game, if you get a face card, you're a mafia and everyone else is a civilian. (Never played it with sheriffs or doctors). Civilians put their heads down while the mafia secretly chooses civilians to kill and when the civilians raise their heads again, they find out who was murdered and try to accuse people. If a majority of the players agree that the person is guilty, whether it be a wrongful or rightful accusation, that person will be eliminated. If there are more mafias than civilians by the end of the game, the mafia wins. If all mafias are eliminated, victory goes to the civilians.

hp.n0t1ze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey but remember nintendo ds has lots of differences of other systems such as graphics, buttons, and alot of other stuff but i certainly enjoyed Mafia.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hp.n0t1ze said:
Hey but remember nintendo ds has lots of differences of other systems such as graphics, buttons, and alot of other stuff but i certainly enjoyed Mafia.
so random - so you are trying to say the graphics, buttons, and other stuff are different, so what?
we weren't talking about incapabilities due to differences with other consoles -
well DS has differences with a PS2 or a PSP but a Kingdom hearts game has been made.

knipri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
El Salvador
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:

are you on Drugs? He's talking about the game, which was very good (oh the Nostalgia!)

You are unbelievably wrong.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
knipri said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:

are you on Drugs? He's talking about the game, which was very good (oh the Nostalgia!)

You are unbelievably wrong.

About the game? Then I am afraid you are sadly mistaken, I remember it being the best game of the year in 2002 and Gamepost and IGN both gave the game a 9.2

knipri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
El Salvador
I too loved the game Mafia on my PC. But that's not the game he was talking about. That's how you were wrong. That doesn't mean you're not right about various other things. I'm sure you're right about 50% of the time, just like me.

JBates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as other people have said, he's not talking about a video game. in the game he is talking about there is a narrator. the narrator picks a few people out of the group to be the mafia, one to be the doctor, and one to be the detective. every round, the mafia choose to kill someone, the nurse chooses someone to save(so if they choose the right person they don't die), and the detective asks the narrator if a certain person is the mafia. when they are doing that all the other people's heads are down. then everyone gets up. the narrator says who dies and if theyre a good narrator they make up a nice story to go along with it. then the civilians argue about who they think is the mafia, and then they vote on who to kill. the game goes on until all the mafia are killed or all the civilians are killed.

applying this to ds would be difficult. as ruri said, it depends on facial expressions and tone of voice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...