OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i was told supercards are good and have lots of features

but i see lots of people having psram errors how common is it has it been fixed

i bought it at dx and its comming soon but im scared it will happen to me

whats dose the psram do?stop it from loading/loading games & hb?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine from DX a few weeks back. I got one with the PSRAM error. It causes most games to freeze or refuse to boot. It's pretty serious. You can fix it sometimes, but a card shouldn't require you to open it up every 24 hours to get it working.

I like the Supercard's features and when it works, it's awesome. The problem is that it sometimes doesn't work.

I'm against buying Supercard problems until they fix the issue, which they seem uninterested in doing.

Possible solutions are:

1- opening the card up and putting a piece of paper (or I've heard foil) between the exposed back of the label and the chip board.

2- following the instructions here:

http://forum.supercard.cn/viewthread.php?t...;extra=page%3D1

Number 1 didn't work for me, but it's worked for some people. Number 2 is only temporary. You can do the step and your card will work properly for about 24 hours without a problem, and then the error will return. You can keep doing the solution every day and it will work, but that's trouble.

AeroHex

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i just hope it will work no problems
rolleyes.gif

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ive had two V3's with psram errors but ive send them both back & got replacements one was from DX a couple of months back
DX payed for the return delivery so it didnt cost anything extra but it was well over a month round trip
i ended up selling both my scdsones to buy a cyclods evo & have been very happy ever since!!

evanft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ran the test on mine a couple days ago and didn't get the error, so here's hoping it stays that way *knocks on wood*

Is this a problem that would arise early in the card's life, or is it random?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue was very common a good while ago (I'm guessing 6 months to a year ago) and then it stopped suddenly. However, it appears that in the past few weeks more and more people are getting the PSRAM error again. I'm guessing that the cause is merely a faulty batch (this was my guess last time as well).

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I believe it has to do with latest 'new packaging' batches. The PSRAM error problem existed a while back but was all but eradicated in due time. Now it's back. Actually I believe it was a little BEFORE the packaging redesign that they redesigned the shell. It's the Supercards which have a little dent on the side that seem to get the errors...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hexane26 said:
i found out how to fix it
rolleyes.gif
here
aluminum as in coke can i guess
smile.gif
i hope i helped some people
It's actually thinner than a can. And this doesn't always work.

I did the same thing with paper and the battery shorting trick and it seems to be working.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hexane26 said:
did paper work for you for to have to sit in my fridge to play it if it get the psram error
It seems to be working fine. I first put the paper in and then flashed the battery to give it a fresh reset. This may not work for everyone, but it seems fine for me.

And that sentence barely makes any sense. I can't really tell whether you are serious or joking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/L7XokiY