How can I to record live E3 Coverage using VLC?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by sergster1, Jun 4, 2011.

1. sergster1
    OP

sergster1 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    New York
    Well the E3 is right around the corner. And unlike last year i will be in school /ragequits. Now I have access to a constant high speed internet connection and I also have VLC media player. Now does anyone know how I can set VLC to record the conference while I am at school? Also if you have the streaming links for the conference if you could post them here it would be appreciated [​IMG] Thanks for your help.

Also I will be uploading the E3 to a server where people can DL them at will when I get the chance.

2. Marlonguppy

Marlonguppy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2009
    Netherlands

View -> Advanced controls : And then use the red button above the play button when you stream.
    The saved files will be in Documents or Videos.

3. omgdaniel

omgdaniel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Why record it when many places that stream it usually store the video in their archives?

4. sergster1
    OP

sergster1 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    New York
    Cause I don't want to go through all the ad's and buffering times that those sites usually come with.

Okay so I understand that I would just press the record button on VLC but does anyone have the streaming URL and since I will be at school will VLC start recording automatically when the stream starts?