Hacking How can I start fresh?

Speartailor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heya, apologies for all the posts. My impatience has gottent the best of me and I tried to format my SD and start all over, this time the problem is with tinyformat when I try to separate my nands. I'd like to know, though, how do I start from scratch? My O3DS is at 6.2 still, but I'd like to start right from the beginning. Remove emuNAND and start totally fresh. What is the best way to do this so I can take my time and followthe steps to setting up rxTools and FBI again?

EDIT: I've solved the issue, but would still like to know an answer to this! :>

Last edited by Speartailor,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Heya, apologies for all the posts. My impatience has gottent the best of me and I tried to format my SD and start all over, this time the problem is with tinyformat when I try to separate my nands. I'd like to know, though, how do I start from scratch? My O3DS is at 6.2 still, but I'd like to start right from the beginning. Remove emuNAND and start totally fresh. What is the best way to do this so I can take my time and followthe steps to setting up rxTools and FBI again?

EDIT: I've solved the issue, but would still like to know an answer to this! :>

Can you let me know what you did? I also have an o3ds on 6.2 and mistakenly installed 4.x settings downgrade and mset and it won't work. I'd love to know how to get rid of it since it seems to be stopping me from using 6.x mset.

Speartailor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you let me know what you did? I also have an o3ds on 6.2 and mistakenly installed 4.x settings downgrade and mset and it won't work. I'd love to know how to get rid of it since it seems to be stopping me from using 6.x mset.

I saved a backup of my EMUNAND. I formatted my sd card and using nandtools, injected my backup back onto the card with a bit of troubleshooting. I'm sorry but I've outright left my sysnand alone, other than making a backup of it.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't you just format the SD using the Sysnand with the 3DS' settings - other settings - format sd card? :|

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I believe if you run a regular DS flashcart or game the exploit will be removed. Otherwise, you have to restore your NAND backup via GW menu. You could *try* getting the title ID update from 3DNUS or another means, but I would highly recommend NOT doing that as a brick is possible in that fashion.

If you can't get to GW menu due to this mistake, then you will need to hardmod to flash back to your original NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn