How can I replace my Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by momocop, Dec 9, 2013.

1. momocop
    OP

momocop Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States
    Ok everyone I seem to have a problem that I think only you guys could probably find the answer.

I have a Wii U which i purchased almost 11 months ago.

The problem with it is that my Wii U is Perma banned from MiiVerse. The console is banned (including all accounts asscociated with it). How did it get banned? My brother though he can write uncensored (not inappropriate things, you dirty people) things on MiiVerse countless times.

Anyways, I still have almost 2 months left on warranty and was thinking: Is there some way I can replace my Wii U?

Please tell me if these are good ideas:

Corrupting the System Files somehow (If you know a way please let me know) and sending back to Nintendo so they could send me a replacement console. (Hopefully)

Microwaving it (Send to Nintendo)

or Just Sell it and buy a new one.

If anyone can give suggestions, it will be greatly appreciated and comments as well (Good or bad).

Will corrupting it and sending it back to Nintendo get me a new system?

2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Yes more than likely but you'd have to do it without any type of homebrew

You could turn off during a system update

3. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Microwaving it and sending to Nintendo?

I'm starting to wonder if you're just using your brother as a scapegoat so you could post dicks on MiiVerse.

Suicide and MAXLEMPIRA like this.
  4. momocop
    OP

momocop Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States

Lol I wont get into detail. I spoke a Nintendo Representative and they deemed by console permanent banned. I'm just looking for an alternative. He wasn't banned for drawing dicks or anything like that, He writes things and can't handle criticism or trolls.

He said a girl was ugly because her mii's hair was like peanut butter spaghetti. Nintendo found it as bullying and hate filled comments. He doesn't realize that he cant create stories of Ichigo killing Ganondorf using Scribblenauts and posting on miiverse with screen shots.

master801 likes this.
  5. master801

master801 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2011
    United States
    I like your brother now. :D

kehkou and Maxternal like this.
  6. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    buy a new system and make new accounts
    and DO NOT let your brother use it
    give him the banned system

the_randomizer likes this.
  7. momocop
    OP

momocop Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States

Is this guaranteed to corrupt the system? I am hoping it'll kill it so I can send it back to Nintendo and they can deem it unfixable for a new wii u.

8. momocop
    OP

momocop Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States

The Nintendo representative said since it was in excess of bans, the console is permabanned.

They suggest I use Parental Controls next time. LOL

JayRo likes this.
  9. momocop
    OP

momocop Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States

EDIT: Crap i double posted. I dont know how to merge post.

10. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    You gotta unplug it from the wall, thus bricking the system all together. Though I don't think that will give you a new WiiU.

11. momocop
    OP

momocop Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States

I'm not worried about the vWii since they never bother to look there. I just delete all the system titles from there. vWii has homebrew. It just sucks that they can't sympathize with parents and their kids going to fast. (I told Nintendo I was the parent to see if they could sympathize better)

They say its beyond their control when its permabanned. I have no idea who else I could speak to. They have everything on record also >_>

12. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    im curious ,, when your banned from miiverse ,,, what exactly are you banned from ?... do you see the in game posts from dumb asses .. do you see the shite speech bubbles in the menu.... can you use friends... are you just banned from posting ,, or banned from viewing also... ? Do you actually post. and if so wtf do ppl post other than " wooo ,, well hard level.." bla bla... miiverse is a tad lame.. but if it effects friends n things then maybe its an issue.

13. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    The microwave solution is by far the best.

Pip'

14. momocop
    OP

momocop Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States

I can still see what people post for the Wii Plaza. I cannot access MiiVerse though. I cannot see the post inside MiiVerse, I can't Message friends nor recieve messages. When I play games that require MiiVerse integration (Super Mario 3D World), I won't be able to do certain things.

In Super Mario 3D world, I can't see the great drawings people make or the hints people put.
    In Wind Waker HD, can't use the tingle bottle.

I can still see who is online on my friends list and play online but anything that uses Miiverse is useless now.

For this reason, I love MiiVerse when I got it, I can't believe I cant used it because of some small mistake kids make. I'm looking for a way to corrupt the Wii U so I can have Nintendo swap it out for a new console. I'm ready to lose all my save data and small apps I've purchased >_>.

15. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    you need a huge powerfull magnet :)

microwave oven for say 10 seconds should fry enough of the internals...

16. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Sell at at gamestop then buy another there. they do not check for MiiVerse bans btw as almost all their stores lack WiFi. they will plug it in and test a game on it.
    if anything, once GameStop refurbs it and sells it, they will find out the console has a MiiVerse ban and be able to have Nintendo reverse it since they have a lot more authority than you do for getting bans reversed, especially since it is being sold to another person.

You will lose any purchases and your NNID but you can start over with a new unbanned console and new NNID by doing this.
    current trade-in price for a Wii U 32GB is 110$, +30% more if you trade it towards getting a used Wii U (make sure to check it to make sure it's not MiiVerse banned too first :P)
    a refurb Wii U costs $269.99, so with the 30% tacked on ($143 vs $110) it would cost you $126.99 to get a refurb Wii U at GameStop right now.

you cannot corrupt the system files and get an unbanned one back, Nintendo will look up the Serial of the console and find out that it was registered to your NNID, and that the console is permabanned, they will proceed to ban the replacement.

Microwaving: Nintendo does not cover accidental damages, you will foot the bill and get a banned console back same as if you corrupted the system files, except with you spending your money on top of it.

17. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Boy, people get offended over the weirdest things. I remember writing someone about how I had an affair with his wife and he wrote back saying his wife makes jokes about my dick. You think people in MiiVerse would get offended by that? Hmm, probably...

18. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    The microwave idea would probably look to suspicious and it doesn't have a real hard drive so a magnet might not actually do anything to it.

Was the vWii mode hacked?
    Was it made far enough after launch that it come with a working Wii mode or did that get added with the first update?

If they think it was damaged by you intentionally (E.G. microwave or hacking) they'll probably just declare the Warranty to be void and the'll just send it back to you.
    (in that case you'd have to deal with a console that's even MORE broken AND banned from Miiverse instead of one that's just banned.)

I could always PM you something to wipe the Wii mode's NAND clean (hopefully removing all evidence of hacks) and then you could just say that the Wii mode never worked on it from the day you bought it even though you tried repeatedly (to explain why the play log has you clicking on the Wii menu icon so much) but, as I said before, if they don't buy it you'd be stuck with a vWii-less AND banned Wii U.

My best bet would be to sell it to somebody on eBay or something and then buy a new one.

19. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    I don't know if Nintendo does this, but I think it would be hilarious if they crossreferenced permabans when getting in returns and decide "Nope, not replacing the system you wrecked on purpose" and just sent it back to you unfixed. Postage due.

Just give it to your brother for Christmas and buy a new one (and don't let him use it).

Don't sell it or anything (unless you make it clear before the sale that it is banned). Don't visit your misery on others. That would be a total dick move.

drfsupercenter likes this.
  20. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States

"He said a girl was ugly because her mii's hair was like peanut butter spaghetti. Nintendo found it as bullying and hate filled comments. He doesn't realize that he cant create stories of Ichigo killing Ganondorf using Scribblenauts"

WTF ,seriously?
    i would have shown that nintendo Representative what a REAL hate filled comment is all about
    no wonder wii u sales are in the shitter

i got a good idea what to do with all the perm banned wii u consoles, they can be inserted up the rectums of all these hypochondriac "anti bullying" FAGS