DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
You are comparing electronics that have nothing to do with my printer.The point of banging on/taking stuff apart is to either get something back in place or to clean out dust and such, so the principle is the same regardless of what the electronic device is.

AlanJohn said:
And banging them is just making it worse.How is banging on something making it worse when it starts working again? It can make things worse if you don't know where you're doing, but that doesn't mean it necessarily will. You just have to use common sense and not bang on fragile electronics. And to clarify I don't mean just ruthlessly beating the shit out of your device, but if you notice any strange noises and you *lightly* bang on that area it can push things back into place that may have become misaligned, this is also one of the principles behind taking something apart and putting it back together.

QUOTE(AlanJohn @ Apr 26 2011, 08:33 AM)
Taking stuff apart is very dangerous for the first time.
The only way I see taking stuff apart being dangerous is if you don't have the intelligence to remember how to put it back together properly, oh and make sure you unplug it/take batteries out and let it sit to make sure all of the power id drained. One of my hobbies is taking electronics apart and putting them back together; and of all the things I've taken apart, nothing has ever gone wrong, but once again, you need to have common sense

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The only way I see taking stuff apart being dangerous is if you don't have the intelligence to remember how to put it back together properly,
Reconstructive memory is not a measure of intelligence. It's merely a matter of sense, logic and memory. Or organization if you take the time to write down each step.

That aside, banging on things has fixed many things in inexplicable ways (in my experience, although I typically avoid banging on things thoughtlessly). Somehow though, I don't think it'll suddenly make a printer think the ink is working properly.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
QUOTE said:
The only way I see taking stuff apart being dangerous is if you don't have the intelligence to remember how to put it back together properly,
Reconstructive memory is not a measure of intelligence. It's merely a matter of sense, logic and memory. Or organization if you take the time to write down each step.

That aside, banging on things has fixed many things in inexplicable ways (in my experience, although I typically avoid banging on things thoughtlessly). Somehow though, I don't think it'll suddenly make a printer think the ink is working properly.
There are many different kinds of intelligence, and the kind I was referring to is that involving sense and logic, like you said.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Give a thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters... if they come up with the script to hamlet, does that make them intelligent?

A monkey can also be trained to disassemble things and put them back together. Does that make them intelligent?

A human, after disassembling a printer, fails to put it back together in the right order. Does that make him/her any less intelligent?

That said, human intelligence is a misnomer, but that's getting too far off topic.

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
artoftrolling.memebase.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same problem with scanning on my MP270!
Scan button does never work, will never work, doesn't work.
Solution for software scanning: START -> all programs -> Accessory(or something) -> Paint
File->From Scanner or Camera: Canon MP270 -> tada!

Also, take a look in the manual (it's all there!).

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Marlonguppy said:
I had the same problem with scanning on my MP270!
Scan button does never work, will never work, doesn't work.
Solution for software scanning: START -> all programs -> Accessory(or something) -> Paint
File->From Scanner or Camera: Canon MP270 -> tada!

Also, take a look in the manual (it's all there!).
When I press scan on paint it doesn't do anything.
Please help
sad.gif

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
Give a thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters... if they come up with the script to hamlet, does that make them intelligent?

A monkey can also be trained to disassemble things and put them back together. Does that make them intelligent?

A human, after disassembling a printer, fails to put it back together in the right order. Does that make him/her any less intelligent?

That said, human intelligence is a misnomer, but that's getting too far off topic.
You realize this, yet you are still equating intelligent to smart which is simply incorrect. Intelligence can describe any capacity of the mind, including memory. So actually the answer to your questions is yes, it does make them more/less intelligent in that area....except maybe the first one, that's just a ridiculous example in the first place

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
Here's what I would do:
1) remove all links to the computer.
2) Does it print a 'test' page once disconnencted from computer? If it does, then its the computers problem.
3) If it doesn't remove the coloured ink cartrige (leaving the black) and try to print a test page regardless of warnings you may get. If it does then the coloured ink cartridge is a dud.
4) DON'T bang on the printer, it may move the cartriges out of alignment.
5) Try to see if you can do anything without the computer. May try to scan an image to an sd card and see if it does so.

I don't have a Cannon, but a HP, but in your case, this is what I would do.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
MaK11-12 said:
Here's what I would do:
1) remove all links to the computer.
2) Does it print a 'test' page once disconnencted from computer? If it does, then its the computers problem.
3) If it doesn't remove the coloured ink cartrige (leaving the black) and try to print a test page regardless of warnings you may get. If it does then the coloured ink cartridge is a dud.
4) DON'T bang on the printer, it may move the cartriges out of alignment.
5) Try to see if you can do anything without the computer. May try to scan an image to an sd card and see if it does so.

I don't have a Cannon, but a HP, but in your case, this is what I would do.
You see...
Since my printer is stupid, it won't do ANYTHING if somethings wrong with the ink cartridges, even scan.
So that didn't help...

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
suprgamr232 said:
...I swear to god if this is your problem I will ban you from the internetz...Did you check and make sure you had the right ink cartridges?
Obviously.

They've worked before.
Hold on... have you tried replacing the colour cartridge with a brand new one since this all began? Ink cartridges dry out sometimes, so even a cart that used to work may not after a long time of not being used. Also, the colour one is definitely in the left slot isn't it? (I know it sounds a little daft but i get the impression they look very similar)

According to the manual the printer will not print without both cartridges installed (it doesn't say anything about scanning though), so as far as printing goes if it can't see the colour cart you're stuffed (sorry).

As far as getting the scanner to work... this may sound a little daft, but you haven't left an unfinished print job sitting in the print queue have you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu