How can I fix this issue?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by B9_Malpractice, Mar 12, 2017.

1. B9_Malpractice
    OP

B9_Malpractice Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    France
    A house
    Let me start off by saying I major more in Wii U Modding, so I expected something like this to happen.

Backstory

Cut to the chase—Here's my problem.
    So it updated, but now I'm on the menu screen. I try to go to System Settings to see what version I'm on, but it doesn't load. It only makes the clicking sound. I can still move on the menu. Nothing loads whatsoever. Even tapping Miiverse or Friends List crashes my system.

I went into recovery to update my system once more. That works, thankfully. However, when I attempt to update, it goes about half-way through the update, then gives me an error. "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will now turn off."

I've tried with my usual 3DS SD Card, a formatted SD, my Wii U SD, and even without one, and this still appears to be the case.

Any advice on how to fix this will be deeply appreciated. Thank you for taking your time to read about my problem.

- Mαl

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    You downgraded to 2.1 I'm presuming, on a OLD 3DS?

3. B9_Malpractice
    OP

B9_Malpractice Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    France
    A house
    Correct, an o3DS XL.

Last edited by B9_Malpractice, Mar 12, 2017
  4. B9_Malpractice
    OP

B9_Malpractice Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    France
    A house
    (bump) Is this because of lack of NAND?

5. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    I feel like it's a frankenfirm

Download the system settings .cia from 3DNUS for your region then install with FBI, restart and then try opening system settings to see what firmware you're on

Xiantyl likes this.
  6. B9_Malpractice
    OP

B9_Malpractice Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    France
    A house
    Apologies for late response, have been dealing with other important things in life.

But loading FBI is impossible since internet browser doesn't work, nor does really anything. Everyone on my console either doesn't load or crashes it.

7. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Try using DevMenu