ROM Hack HOW CAN I EXTRACT.......

Rares101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i extract .pak and .wad ....... Im trying to hack GTA Chinatown Wars so Can Anybody help me....

Thanks...

Rares101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know any Hackers
smile.gif

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Rares101 said:
How can i extract .pak and .wad ....... Im trying to hack GTA Chinatown Wars so Can Anybody help me....

Thanks...
Please learn the proper use of CAPITALS. Seriously, it will help also when coding and stop people getting irritated when you post a topic title all in CAPS.

What are you trying to change in GTA?

Repgahroll

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I also tried to hack GTA and ended giving up because these files has their own packing that the game extracts "on the fly" and it's very hard to figure out how it is packed. Also, i'm a PHP programmer, not a hardcore hacker
biggrin.gif

Open it up with a Hex editor and it's possible to notice "script" command in one of these files (don't remember which one =/).

I would like to edit the vehicles stats (as in handling.cfg for PC) and also the 'popcycle' and 'carcols'. It also would be nice to make something like the 'camhack' so it would be possible to point the cam little bit forwards and position it closer to the vehicle. I know it has the "raw distance" problem, because everything outside the screen at the default cam angle isn't draw, but it would be nice anyways imo.

Very hard to mod this gta.

Rares101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry For Caps ....

Im trying to Change
-Textures (car and map Textures)
-The Player
-Car Names (Lamborghini insted of Infernus...Etc)

,Thanks

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
you can slowly search for the tetures using crystaltile 2 (just search through the entire rom using different bpp)
the car names can be relative searched for...
oh and CT2 can uncompress the utility.bin file so it should be able to help you with the other compressions too
just use the lz compression(that should be it) if you use Ct2 inbuilt uncompressor you should have some luck.

Unfortunately viewing chained files is going to be a problem but at least it is uncompressed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1