How can i connect Wii to my 22" wide LCD?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Dead Ghost, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Dead Ghost
    OP

Dead Ghost GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2005
    Title says all.

2. The Teej

The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

Former Staff
    Jun 27, 2004
    England
    You can't at the moment, there aren't any cables designed for the job. Sorry.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Unless the monitor comes with connections (a fair few do nowadays) you will need something to convert it, they are not as good as a TV but I used one for months last year on my cube and xbox.
    I suggest you go hunting though as things have changed in the year since I got mine, here is a good starting point though:
    amazon link

4. tomservo6

tomservo6 Newbie

Actually it depends on the type of monitor you have. Some monitors, mostely widescreen, have composite in's, component in's, or s-video in's. If your monitor only has a vga out, it is possible to purchase a pass through adapter box that converts it to composite or component; this is what projectors use. They are a little pricy and tricky to find but it is possible (try NewEgg); although I'm not sure how that would affect the Wii in terms of gameplay. Unless you are just wanting to use the monitor for the hi-def component aspect, I'd just stick with a normal tv.

5. Rabbi Nevins

Rabbi Nevins GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2006
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    im pretty sure a VGA box is coming out soon for wii, according to maxconsole at least..

6. _Mazza_

_Mazza_ GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2006
    You can get a component cable + component to vga box but that would set you back about £45

7. bronney

bronney Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Hong Kong
    Or just get a TV card with inputs for your computer. That's how I used to play my ps2.

8. unusername

unusername GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2003
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Viña del Mar
    that's the same way that i play with my Wii and my 19" widescreen samsung lcd...

tv card inputs in flyvideo 2000