How can i connect Wii to my 22" wide LCD?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Dead Ghost, Feb 4, 2007.

Feb 4, 2007
  1. Dead Ghost
    OP

Member Dead Ghost GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Title says all.

2. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    You can't at the moment, there aren't any cables designed for the job. Sorry.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Unless the monitor comes with connections (a fair few do nowadays) you will need something to convert it, they are not as good as a TV but I used one for months last year on my cube and xbox.
    I suggest you go hunting though as things have changed in the year since I got mine, here is a good starting point though:
    amazon link

4. tomservo6

tomservo6 Newbie

Actually it depends on the type of monitor you have. Some monitors, mostely widescreen, have composite in's, component in's, or s-video in's. If your monitor only has a vga out, it is possible to purchase a pass through adapter box that converts it to composite or component; this is what projectors use. They are a little pricy and tricky to find but it is possible (try NewEgg); although I'm not sure how that would affect the Wii in terms of gameplay. Unless you are just wanting to use the monitor for the hi-def component aspect, I'd just stick with a normal tv.

5. Rabbi Nevins

Member Rabbi Nevins GBAtemp Regular

United States
    im pretty sure a VGA box is coming out soon for wii, according to maxconsole at least..

6. _Mazza_

Member _Mazza_ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You can get a component cable + component to vga box but that would set you back about £45

7. bronney

Newcomer bronney Member

Hong Kong
    Or just get a TV card with inputs for your computer. That's how I used to play my ps2.

8. unusername

Member unusername GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    that's the same way that i play with my Wii and my 19" widescreen samsung lcd...

tv card inputs in flyvideo 2000