ROM Hack how can i be sure that my R4 is a real R4 ans not a clone ?

linkdu69003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, just found a R4i 3ds gold RTS buy last year and I would have wanted to use it for ntrboot for a friend but I do not know if it's a clone
Is there a way to know if it's a clone?
I ask because I have seen that clones can brick the 3ds :/

Thanks ^^

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I'm not mistaken, its not the r4 that's the clone, because its anything that fakes a gateway card that bricks the console, so just get a gateway card instead if you don't want to risk the brick

but to use either of those flashcards, you need a specific FW, so why not just use cfw and save the money? (and this post looks like it would belong in the flashcards section)

Last edited by Sketchy1,

linkdu69003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A gateway is more expensive :/

I already have a CFW on my old 3ds
But a friend asked me if I could install him Luma3DS, and his 3DS is on 11.5 update :/

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A gateway is more expensive :/

I already have a CFW on my old 3ds
But a friend asked me if I could install him Luma3DS, and his 3DS is on 11.5 update :/
If the ntrboot flasher works, it's not a clone. And even if it's a clone, it could work if the cart chip is the same. Just test it out.

Reactions: linkdu69003

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if I'm not mistaken, its not the r4 that's the clone, because its anything that fakes a gateway card that bricks the console
Uh, "R4i Gold Deluxe Edition" by the same team is a brickway clone, but their "blue (silver) card" is the very highly reputed r4ids.cn (also available by itself with a different sticker "R4i Gold RTS" and a honest price)

It works, like every serious 3DS-compatible DS flashcard (and many less serious ones), on any version since the last blacklisting was in 7.0 many years ago

Flashcards are still king for DS software

---

OP, if you just want a Pandora kit for 3DS, buy the cheapest thing supported by the ntrboot flasher
If you want something also enjoyable for DS games, buy an r4ids.cn or an Acekard 2i

Since you already have one, nothing to lose, it's not true that "clones can brick 3DS" (and even if they did, ntrboot can ironically fix it), if anything they spontaneouly break or are timebombed (not an issue if flashing them for ntrboot)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Uh, "R4i Gold Deluxe Edition" by the same team is a brickway clone, but their "blue (silver) card" is the very highly reputed r4ids.cn (also available by itself with a different sticker "R4i Gold RTS" and a honest price)

It works, like every serious 3DS-compatible DS flashcard (and many less serious ones), on any version since the last blacklisting was in 7.0 many years ago

Flashcards are still king for DS software

---

OP, if you just want a Pandora kit for 3DS, buy the cheapest thing supported by the ntrboot flasher
If you want something also enjoyable for DS games, buy an r4ids.cn or an Acekard 2i

Since you already have one, nothing to lose, it's not true that "clones can brick 3DS" (and even if they did, ntrboot can ironically fix it), if anything they spontaneouly break or are timebombed (not an issue if flashing them for ntrboot)
AK2i is normally not recommended though, since you need a 3DS/DSi on low firmware or a DS Phat/Lite to actually flash it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: