How big is your...

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Over 2gb in mp3 (excluding flac files as they are huge).

I have 1.29gb in music from just one band. Feeder of course!
biggrin.gif

Daois

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have about 127GB of music.
I used to be really into music while I was in college, so I would always buy/download/borrow from friends CDs and rip them to my computer.

My 80GB iPod only has about 28GB used space on it, but that stays in my car hooked to the stereo on random.. and my iPod touch has even less music on it, but it's mostly what I like since I keep that with me all the time.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm VERY picky about music, as in there's a lot of genres I don't listen to that are popular (rock, metal, pop, rap, etc). I hate that, since it ruins my music experience not being able to listen to what others listen and being called a reject once again for having different and weird music tastes.

on topic, around 5.6GB

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is everyone assuming that anything under 10 gigs is a small music collection?
People with 600gig collections probably don't even listen to 5% of it. A lot of these people are those who download whole albums just to get one song.

On-topic: The most I ever had was about 11gigs but that got wiped a while back and now I've got about 8 gigs. Most of which are OST's to games and animes.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
5.73 GB.

I still have to rip about 2 dozens of disc.

I bet the people here who have a really big music collections has albums included in their collection but they only listen to the most popular songs in it i.e. You have an album that has 17 songs but you only listen to 4 of those songs because they are the most well-known ones.

Well I got a couple of those albums and I only listen to 10 out of 24 of them.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About 250GB. I own a lot of CD's (I used to DJ a pirate radio station in college) and my friends and I would have Senuti parties where we'd dump the contents of each others' ipods and go "shopping" for music. Also, whenever I would be underway on the ship, I'd borrow friends' CD folders and rip the contents while working to my laptop. I've got a little of everything with no overlapping songs. A lot of obscure and out of print music that I'm very proud of. And all of it is catalogged properly and I have a backup drive with the same contents just in case the one I'm currently using fails.

omegableach

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prime said:
...Music collection?

Mine is nearing 4GB's.
LOl, I almost regretted clicking on this thread "how big is your" and you know the rest
tongue.gif

I keep deleting my songs so I have maybe around 512mb

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Around 100 GByte, scattered over three HDDs. I'm pretty picky with what goes into my collection, all of it is MP3 in V0, V2, APX and APS quality, only CBR I tolerate are scene rips from before 2004 and "old" rips from before I found out how to encode good quality MP3s (but they get replaced one by one, too). What's non-scene and coming from "untrusted" sources was checked for transcodes.

I'm also quite proud that I've currently listened to ~95% of my collection, keeping track with Amarok & last.fm. What I don't like has to go, but I usually only download stuff that I read about beforehand, so the signal to noise ratio of my downloads is pretty good.

Did I mention that I like listening to music?
biggrin.gif

[EDIT]
Just calculated the complete size and... ahem, it has grown quite a bit since I did that last time. Currently I have 142 GByte of MP3s on my HDDs.

Mr. Waffle

A Free Waffle
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2,42GB

And I only listen to 168mb
tongue.gif

Ah, now I see why it's 2.42GB, my old music collection where I never listen to from my MP3 backup is in the music folder =)

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 6gb of music files. I actually listen to all, if not, majority of them. I load it all on my mp4 player and put it on shuffle. I hardly change the song that's on, unless I just don't feel like listening to it on that certain day.

I don't delete because I may get addicted to my old songs someday again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu