ROM Hack How avoid sd files corruption?

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there, I had 2 64gb sd card but using them on the long period the most of the games wasn't anymore playable due to many crashes. Some files was corrupted and others was haveing strange file names not supported from the pc.

Now I am building the two sd card from the beginning, but how can avoid this kind of corruptions and having a clean sd card for ever?

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Avoid whatever it was that was crashing the system. That's what will be corrupting the data on the cards. Also ensure you don't have counterfeit SD cards.

Last edited by spectral,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use those SD cards again until you know they're physically okay after checking them with H2testw.
  • This was stated before in the freeShop thread here.

If your cards are not at minimum Class 10 speed, I suggest you retire them (especially for large size cards).

Make sure your custom firmware is up-to-date on both your SD card and CTRNAND.

Sometimes shit happens and your 3DS + SD card will derp out on you. There's no way to avoid it when does.

Protect yourself from losing game data with Checkpoint or JKSM.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if everything is legit and up to date, sd cards can corrupt. Best thing to do is backup all your files on PC, even your saves. Heck what I do is every day I play a game I'll backup the saves, then if something happens I dont lose the time I've invested into these games which is valuable. It only takes a few seconds.

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even if everything is legit and up to date, sd cards can corrupt. Best thing to do is backup all your files on PC, even your saves. Heck what I do is every day I play a game I'll backup the saves, then if something happens I dont lose the time I've invested into these games which is valuable. It only takes a few seconds.

Ok thanks you guys :)

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SD Cards not matter what brand or price tag are a hit or miss. They are not bullet proof..
So the best you can do is.
-Don't buy cheapo clones, they are even worst
-Make the habit of making backup images of your SD cards, somewhat regular. So one dies, you buy a new and burn the image.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Its also better to get them direct from a bigger retailer such as Amazon rather than 3rd party seller on Amazon or Ebay,etc. It's not a guarantee, however it is harder for the counterfeits to make their way into that supply chain. Also Look at the prices for other cards that size and don't go for one that is inexplicably half the price or somthing.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...