Hacking How are the WADs made?

TheRocket

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am wondering about the WADs (VC or WiiWare) that can be downloaded.
How do the people make those WADs? Because I thought that if you download a game in the shop channel
the game files are encrypted with a unique key. And how can they make a WAD that works
with every Wii? Do they make them from the files from the shop channel at all?
Or did I forget something?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
The only difference between a game downloaded from wii shop and pirated one is the ticket...
The one you download from wii shop is signed by nintendo whereas pirated one is just fakesigned...

That's where they differ... so one can install his fakesigned content into a bugged wii... the more you read the more you'll learn about the matter...

The bug that permits people to fakesign stuff is called trucha bug in the scene btw...

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiCrazy said:
The one you download from wii shop is signed by nintendo whereas pirated one is just fakesigned...
There is a way to make own wad's which are not fakesigned,
you just need the not trucha signed tik, the rest can be downloaded with any browser,
then generate a Header + CERT + TIK + TMD + Content and voila, you have a WW/VC wad signed by Nintendo on you pc.
(NUS Downloader can do this ^^ with a little hack http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader .)

but no one does it, every released pirated WW/VC game, even *proper* OneUp releases are nukes on this part, they use indeed a fake signed TIK file.

QUOTE said:
Because I thought that if you download a game in the shop channel
the game files are encrypted with a unique key
no they are encrypted on nintendos server (the key to decrypt it is the tik file)
when you download it from shop channel, the data will be decrypted to your Wii.

And how can they make a WAD that works
with every Wii? Do they make them from the files from the shop channel at all?
Or did I forget something?
wad's are made to work on any Wii, this has nothing to do with keys or the shop channel,
but yes the most are made from shop channel files.
what you mean are content.bin, this files work only on a single wii.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
dsfgd said:
WiiCrazy said:
There is a way to make own wad's which are not fakesigned,
you just need the not trucha signed tik, the rest can be downloaded with any browser,
then generate a Header + CERT + TIK + TMD + Content and voila, you have a WW/VC wad signed by Nintendo on you pc.
(NUS Downloader can do this ^^ with a little hack http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader .)

but no one does it, every released pirated WW/VC game, even *proper* OneUp releases are nukes on this part, they use indeed a fake signed TIK file.

The actual problem is the ticket itself... in the outside world things are encrypted with common keys, if you are talking about sd card then some specific keys are used.
But afaik the ticket which grants you the right to access that certain vc/wiiware game and download it from shop channel is signed by nintendo... All in all, you still need a valid or fakesigned ticket (in the case of bugged system) to install content on a wii since you can't reproduce the nintendo's signature...

whereas for content.bin files and data.bin files you can create 100% valid files since in them only common keys and your wii's specific keys are used...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s