Hotel Dusk Room 215 fix

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Net Sphere Engin, Jan 17, 2011.

Jan 17, 2011
  1. Net Sphere Engin
    OP

Newcomer Net Sphere Engin Member

Brazil
    I tried a lot of combinations on google but I can't find one! Maybe it doesn't exist but if there is one can someone please point me out some possible fixes for the game to run in R4i Blue? I got some minor glitches in the game image and I wanted to know if there is some way to fix it. Thanks in advance!

2. Shining

Banned Shining Banned

Australia
  3. Net Sphere Engin
    OP

Brazil
    thanks a lot for the sugestion but wouldn't it be wrong to created the exact same topic on a different place of the forum?

4. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    [​IMG]
    An early DS game won't run on your clone!? I'm pretty sure that means you should upgrade.

5. Net Sphere Engin
    OP

Brazil
    Hey! So I want to take this chance and ask about my R4 upgrade too! This is the site: R4i Blue Revolution and I already have the latest one. so my question is: Is there anyway to do some trick and use another better upgrade for other R4 cards?

I tried akaio 1.5 hack and it just give me a black screen I have ysmenu but it's the exact same thing as my original upgrade it works the same games with the same compatibility! I also tried wood and nothing!

I know my card really sucks but I wanted to know if I can fix some problems! especially for older games! In your opinion any chance for them upload better upgrades for my R4 in the future?

6. Son of Science

Member Son of Science GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's really hard to understand your English. Are you asking for a way to upgrade your fake R4?

You can't at the moment, you can only use their firmware. You should just upgrade your card, I suggest a Supercard DS two.

7. Net Sphere Engin
    OP

Brazil
    Sorry about my bad english but you answered my question! I wanted to know if I could try to install a better upgrade but if I can't the only solution is get a better cart. I will just keep this one as it is working some games and get a new one in the future

But I really think it's strange for a older game don't work perfectly!

8. Stropdasje

Member Stropdasje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    It is also possible your ROM is corrupt. Try to find another and try again.

There are some programs which are known to be problematic with some cards, but I never heard about problems with the program you mention. So either you got a faulty ROM, your card is bad or your card doesn't work well with the type/make SD card. So instead of a new card the only two other items you can change (short of software of course) is the ROM or a SD card with a different capacity or make.

9. Net Sphere Engin
    OP

Brazil
    I tried other SD cards I had in home but nothing! I also tried different roms of hotel dusk. I think it's because of the SD class or something I saw this on the internet that some cards are really slow!

I got this and it seems to solve lot's of problems! Even Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors that has some problems and it was impossible to read the text is now fixed!

In Hotel Dusk now I only get a green line in the opening (nothing to hurry about) and when I try for example talk in the counter or explore some area there is a little lag that only happens the first time I load the game.

Any idea why I lost my Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow save after trying to boot the game with the new Ysmenu I installed from the link above?

10. Stropdasje

Member Stropdasje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    No idea. But you can always restore a backup (you do keep backups, do you?)

11. Net Sphere Engin
    OP

Brazil
    Now I have a folder to save backups! [​IMG] and after sometime playing I copy the saves to this folder using DSOrganize at least I lost only Castlevania after I had beaten the game!

I also tried to format my SD card in FAT16 with 64k clusters to see if I could avoid some speed problems but it doesn't seem to fix it but anyway there is nothing else to do and the game is like 99% working! So thanks a lot for the attention!

Do you play anything online? Like Mario Kart DS or something? It's a pain to play with ppl I can't talk and there is some guys that can be using cheats because they are so f**** fast! But I have to admit that I suck sometimes too [​IMG]