HoTD Overkill crashes during gameplay

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thatcoolguy, Feb 25, 2009.

Feb 25, 2009
  1. thatcoolguy
    OP

Newcomer thatcoolguy Member

Australia
    OK, i have here HoTD overkill which i have burned to a Verbatim DVD-R successfully verified and all of that. it launches in gamma with no prob i can make my gamesave and start the game everything looks fantastic. then i got to the first boss fight (Jasper?) and part way through the game just crashed. the screen was frozen and a high pitched drone was audible. the game wouldn't respond to the home button or reset or anything, i had to turn off the system by holding the power button on the wii. using PAL iso for my PAL wii, anyone knows what's up? it works perfectly when it IS working. i have IOS249 as the wiki thing states i should require (that's what gamma is showing at the bottom of the screen).

2. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    it's most likely just a bad burn.

3. cdn_bacon

Newcomer cdn_bacon Advanced Member

Canada
    The game has been known to lock up and freeze as it is pretty glitchy. It may not be a bad burn. Try to play through it again.

4. sleestax

Newcomer sleestax Member

United States
    mine did it in the EXACT (well, midway through the Jasper fight) same place the first time I played it. reset the wii, loaded the game and played it to the first boss again and it was fine. I'm up to the 4th level now and haven't had anymore problems.

5. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    I noticed it was lags from time to time and sometime freeze about a second or two. Is it normal ? Did they released it too quickly?

6. cdn_bacon

Newcomer cdn_bacon Advanced Member

Canada
    That is normal. The game has some lag here and there and does crash on occasion.

7. TeenTin

Member TeenTin GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Even happen to the original disc ?

8. azoreseuropa

Portugal
    He said that is normal so I guess it even happen to the original disc.. Right, cdn_bacon ?

9. thatcoolguy
    OP

Australia
    thanks for the replies guys. yeah i heard the game is kind of buggy and it stutters at times but i didn't expect a total crash. i waited about 20 seconds after it crashed before i thought it's not going to respond again. i will try it again soon.

10. shadowmanr6

Newcomer shadowmanr6 Advanced Member

United States
    is ios249 needed for a certain portion of the game, i burned the game as normal before it got posted on the wiki, and played through the 1st level and it never had a problem, can anyone confirm that iso249 is neccessary for the whole game?

11. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    game works perfect for me, slight lag now and agen, no crashes tho

12. thatcoolguy
    OP

Australia
    ok, i beat Jasper and a couple levels after that there's no crashes since the one in the OP...looks like i'm fine, i added a note on the gamma wiki since the crash would probably make people think they screwed up. yeah i get slight lag every now and then but that's apparently part of the original too.

13. azoreseuropa

Portugal
    Same here.

14. sgwiiboy

Member sgwiiboy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I burned before the wiki posting too so I didn't patch the ios to 249. I have played all levels through 2-3 times in some cases, with and without extra zombies as well as playing DC too and I have only had one crash on my second time in DC.

15. anotherlostgamer

Newcomer anotherlostgamer Member

Brazil
    Mine is failing from the beggining. I have a wii modchip (wiikey), the game totally freezes from the begginign. Pitch black screen, wiimote doesn`t respond, i have to plug it out to turn it off. Anyone knows why? I'm getting desesperate! [​IMG]