Homebrewed DSi Game Save Problems.

Raymaloneiii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I had installed twilight menu and all the programs needed to homebrew my DSi Xl about a year ago. Everything was perfect, no issues. Until recently when I turned it on (it had the game progress the day before) and nothing was there in the game that I did. So I checked the SD on my computer and it still has the .sav files in the saves folder. So I'm a bit confused that it shows up in the saves folder but as soon as I open the game, it's as if I didn't play at all. This is for every DS game that I had downloaded.

Raymaloneiii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting the fatTable folder in "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap/".
If the issue persists, try the save files in an emulator.
I've tried deleting that specific folder, which had nothing in it anyway, and it still has the same problem. I've also noticed other things I haven't mentioned in that initial post. It's not only the ds games, but EVERY SINGLE rom for EACH EMULATOR I installed won't read the .sav files. I've also seen that even when I tried just playing the games over again, all the progress is reset when I close and reopen them.

So I don't think an emulator would help diagnose this

Last edited by Raymaloneiii,

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you're using TWilightmenu++ to play DS games.. Does it say creating save file each time you launch the game? Try using a save from there on either an DS emulation or on another DS/3DS that is homebrewed.
Sounds like the games can't write to the sd card properly, check if the sd card adapter is in the unlocked position.
Also worth noting did you check the sd card (when you homebrewed it) with h2testw? If not i would suggest doing so (make sure to backup all the data beforehand), and check both read & write.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1