OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally, i think a facebook app would be amazing
smile.gif
another thing that would be incredible would be that you could stream mp3 to a wiimote and use the D pad to change volume/songs. like to keep by your nightstand or something.. would all this even be possible? any other ideas?

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
An app that runs embedded in the homebrew channel, that lists the channels installed on your wii in alphabetical order, and lets you boot them through the homebrew channel.

I have preloader set to homebrew channel, now all I need is that to ditch my wiimote xD

Dark_anth

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NikoK said:
An app that runs embedded in the homebrew channel, that lists the channels installed on your wii in alphabetical order, and lets you boot them through the homebrew channel.

I have preloader set to homebrew channel, now all I need is that to ditch my wiimote xD
thats a good one!
smile.gif

orrr how about wiispeak on any game. through a kind of ventrilla thing. but the wiimote mp3 stream has been a fantasy of mine for like a year now..... nobody can do it.
frown.gif

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing i really want is to control the wii menu with the gamecube controller so that when I play gamecube games, i don't need to use my wiimote... its so annoying... but i guess thats not really homebrewish... more to do with system menu hacking i guess but still, it would be awesome.

(I know marcan has done this so maybe this will happen sometime in the future soon^^)

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An app which let you use your homemade stuff, where u can cut the rope that keep us leashed to Big N, where anyone with enough knowedge could make their OWN monochromatic, unilinear, and pointless C++ project and call it "a platformer". One that stimulates the imagination of the most fearless coders ans make them want to bring back the glory of the snes era by devellping ridicusly brilliant software that doesnt do anithing but move some pixels when you press a button. Thats the appication we need...

wait thats the homebrew channel, nvm...

sleestax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like an app that would display (in old skool graphics or nintendo styled graphics) birthday wishes or anniversary shout outs or just a simple way to make graphics and text on the screen. Bonus if someone can do it by my wife's birthday on April 12th.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you for sure that mp3 streaming to a tiny wiimote speaker isn't going to happen. I've been through a whole discussion about the bluetooth and speaker capabilities. You could do it but it would have to be at an extremely low bit rate and would sound like complete crap. The speaker is really only good for sound effects.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NikoK said:

If you are refering to channel loader, then you might find that this is already been done for a couple of months now, Waninkoko is the one who made it, have a look at wiibrew.org frequently before asking for apps that already exist....!!!
wink.gif

QUOTEAn app which let you use your homemade stuff, where u can cut the rope that keep us leashed to Big N, where anyone with enough knowedge could make their OWN monochromatic, unilinear, and pointless C++ project and call it "a platformer". One that stimulates the imagination of the most fearless coders ans make them want to bring back the glory of the snes era by devellping ridicusly brilliant software that doesnt do anithing but move some pixels when you press a button. Thats the appication we need...

Ouch..!!
rofl.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Channel Loader v1.0

[ DESCRIPTION ]:

- This application allows you to launch any channel from any region
installed on your Wii console.

[ NOTES ]:

- The channels’ names will only appear if “Custom IOS36 rev 04? or higher
is installed.

- Installation of “Custom IOS36 rev 04? or higher is recommended.

[ HOW TO USE ]:

- Run the application and select the channel to launch.

Posts merged

NikoK said:
So there is software that allows me to boot channels directly from my HBC? I don't think so.....

exactly...you don't think at all....!!!
lecture.gif

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Notice how my OP stated that it would be embedded into the HBC, not a standalone shitty dos looking app.

It can't possibly be that hard to integrate it as a part of HBC.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
smallfount said:
I'm now need the WII can support WIFI when it's working on GC mode~~~I hope can play PSO GC plus online on the WII..

When the Wii starts a gamecube game, all hardware not present in a gamecube like usb, sd, bluetooth and wifi are shut down. IF somebody manages to get gamecube games working in Wii mode(with BootMii perhaps?), THEN could somebody try to write gamecube wifi support. I don't say it's impossible, i learned my lesson with the gamecube backup launcher, but to me it looks terribly complicated.

QUOTE(NikoK @ Mar 25 2009, 10:36 AM) Notice how my OP stated that it would be embedded into the HBC, not a standalone shitty dos looking app.

It can't possibly be that hard to integrate it as a part of HBC.

The only way i can imagine to add something like this to the HBC without official support is having channel loaders on sd card. But i don't know if even somebody released such loaders and i don't think so. And you would need a loader for each channel.

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
NikoK said:

If you are refering to channel loader, then you might find that this is already been done for a couple of months now, Waninkoko is the one who made it, have a look at wiibrew.org frequently before asking for apps that already exist....!!!
wink.gif

QUOTEAn app which let you use your homemade stuff, where u can cut the rope that keep us leashed to Big N, where anyone with enough knowedge could make their OWN monochromatic, unilinear, and pointless C++ project and call it "a platformer". One that stimulates the imagination of the most fearless coders ans make them want to bring back the glory of the snes era by devellping ridicusly brilliant software that doesnt do anithing but move some pixels when you press a button. Thats the appication we need...

Ouch..!!
rofl.gif
Actually SquidMan made the first Channel loader: WiiMU.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
There is two different things...

1. Loading channels from their original places (nand)
2. Loading channels from other sources (sd, usb)

1 is as simple as calling a single es function LaunchTitle ... which is how Channel Loader, WiiMu does this...

Second case is complicated and I don't think anyone realized yet... maybe after nintendo releases 3.5

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
and to count up the amount played with the wii total, and the time played on every game/channel
smile.gif

remote-activating the wii-motes
tongue.gif
, so you can easily find them when you lost one

Dark_anth

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great ideas guys! and i would still like the wiimote thing with shitty quality.. just to have it would be kinda cool
smile.gif
what about the wiispeak thing? ORRR howabout making a custom system menu with 4.0 features?? but you could make the features EVEN BETTER!!! possible?

Dark_anth

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great ideas guys! and i would still like the wiimote thing with shitty quality.. just to have it would be kinda cool
smile.gif
what about the wiispeak thing? ORRR howabout making a custom system menu with 4.0 features?? but you could make the features EVEN BETTER!!! possible?

Posts merged

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...