Homebrew wifi problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by rickth64, Aug 18, 2008.

1. rickth64
    OP

rickth64 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2007
    Netherlands
    When I run homebrew applications on my NDS Lite, wifi refuses to work [​IMG] Commercial games don't have problems, only homebrew. Now, I found this wifi fixer and it worked for BEUP, but it doesn't work for DSLinux. And I really need it. So if anyone can help me with this, please. [​IMG]

2. Deathmore

Deathmore GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2008
    London
    you must be clever. So listen up go into your router's settings. Go to wi-fi settings on ur ds. find your connection and below enter ur own ip adress etc. On the routers status page it should say the numbers u need

Note when it says ip adress put the last number high like 60

3. rickth64
    OP

rickth64 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2007
    Netherlands
    Adding a static ip doesn;t work. I can't even find ap's with beup (not-patched version)

4. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Is your SSID hidden? Can you connect with DSOrganize? What device do you have, and do you have slot-2 RAM (DSLinux will run out of RAM when attempting to connect to the Internet if you don't have slot-2 RAM available)?

5. rickth64
    OP

rickth64 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2007
    Netherlands
    i've got both acekard2 and m3 real. DSOrganize connects to the homebrew database etc. No slot-2 ram.

6. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Then DSLinux is probably crashing as it attempts to connect to the Internet. The more recent builds use up a bit more memory than they used to, which is why this is happening.

7. genuisgeek

genuisgeek GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Taiwan
    uhm did u make sure that ur settings are the firmware settings that the homebrew can use

best way to do that is to go into a game and put in ur wifi settings and click save w.e

then see if u can go into ur homebrew apps then cuz some hb apps autoread the ds firmware wifi settings