Homebrew Homebrew suggestions

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about an instant messaging client that can handle AIM, Gmail, Twitter, IRC, etc.... but with one key feature:

A custom protocol for Friend Codes that would piggyback various instant messaging protocols(ie: transmit via Gmail addresses, but result in a friend code/friendly name being displayed -- this would cut down on the need for a server).

The basis of this would be as follows:

+ User enters chat client information/logs in as they would normally.

+ User inputs all friend codes for every game owned(with a custom designation for each game).

+ Friend codes get submitted to a single database.

+ Users download said database, friend codes are parsed into saves.

+ When user decides to play a game, a notification is sent to everyone subscribed to the database, sent as an instant message, or tweeted to a Twitter channel.

+ Other users send a friend request, being fully aware that their request will be answered without having to negotiate a game via other means(phone, Wii message board).

* Optional features could include a save parsing system/thread watch system(via Ocarina or other) that would keep score and submit tallies to a database. Users could then look at others' scores, much like they can via Xbox Live.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like two things a descent working version of linux on wii. I know all about miight before someone tells that, but that's not out yet and I have no clue when this is going to come if it ever will.... and quake III arena on wii would be amazing.

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone remember The Sentinal for the C64?

I would love to see an updated version of that game with WiiMote pointing, nunchuck for rotating, etc.
Such a simple yet addictive game.

The Wii is ideal for Retro style games where gameplay is far more important than graphics.
All the fancy graphics in the world can't make a crappy game worth playing!

D

Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs