PS1/2 Homebrew PS2-to-PC Controller Program?

Kurt91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, you know how there's a homebrew program for the DS that allows you to use it over your WiFi network as a computer controller? And there's a homebrew program for the PSP that allows you to use it over USB as a computer controller?

Well, I figure that since it's a common enough setup to connect your PS2 to your PC via a network cable, there would possibly be a type of program that takes advantage of the connection to allow you to use your PS2 controllers to control a game on the PC. My reason for wanting to do so is that I seem to have a somewhat easier time setting up games on a PS2 emulator rather than my actual PS2. If I can get my controller working for that, that would be great. However, I don't want to have to buy an adapter for the controller, nor do I want to destroy the controller's cord to turn it into a USB plug.

I've searched Google for a while looking for such a program, but to no avail. I figured that it may be because adapters or cord-cutting is the most common way to achieve the end result, and that I have discovered homebrew programs for other things that I wasn't able to find through Google through discussions on this site. So, I thought I'd ask you guys if you knew of anything that would work.

(Also, if there's a way to re-bind the keys on the controller, that would be an awesome bonus. I've always wanted to try playing a game like Kingdom Hearts with a DDR mat, but the actual console didn't recognize it as a controller when I tried it.)

Kurt91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have been using OPL, it's just that it's a lot of hassle having to look up the region codes for each game that I want to play. Also, the emulator has other features like downscaling, anti-aliasing, and stuff to make the games look nicer.

Also, I understand that the adapters are cheap, but years of constantly being broke and saving every penny possible during high school and college kind of gave me a sort of anti-spending complex or whatever. (If nothing else is possible, I'll buy an adapter, but I'd like to know if there's a free solution first, even if an adapter is so cheap.) On top of that, I'd really like to know that my actual PS2 has a use besides a chunky paperweight.

Besides, a good chunk of this is also just wanting to know if it's been done before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in