Homebrew PS2-to-PC Controller Program?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Kurt91, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Kurt91
    OP

Kurt91 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2012
    United States
    Newport, WA
    Okay, you know how there's a homebrew program for the DS that allows you to use it over your WiFi network as a computer controller? And there's a homebrew program for the PSP that allows you to use it over USB as a computer controller?

Well, I figure that since it's a common enough setup to connect your PS2 to your PC via a network cable, there would possibly be a type of program that takes advantage of the connection to allow you to use your PS2 controllers to control a game on the PC. My reason for wanting to do so is that I seem to have a somewhat easier time setting up games on a PS2 emulator rather than my actual PS2. If I can get my controller working for that, that would be great. However, I don't want to have to buy an adapter for the controller, nor do I want to destroy the controller's cord to turn it into a USB plug.

I've searched Google for a while looking for such a program, but to no avail. I figured that it may be because adapters or cord-cutting is the most common way to achieve the end result, and that I have discovered homebrew programs for other things that I wasn't able to find through Google through discussions on this site. So, I thought I'd ask you guys if you knew of anything that would work.

(Also, if there's a way to re-bind the keys on the controller, that would be an awesome bonus. I've always wanted to try playing a game like Kingdom Hearts with a DDR mat, but the actual console didn't recognize it as a controller when I tried it.)

2. cdoty

cdoty GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
  3. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    Also, if you want to play your PS2 games, use your PS2+Free MCBoot+Open Loader.

4. Kurt91
    OP

Kurt91 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2012
    United States
    Newport, WA
    I already have been using OPL, it's just that it's a lot of hassle having to look up the region codes for each game that I want to play. Also, the emulator has other features like downscaling, anti-aliasing, and stuff to make the games look nicer.

Also, I understand that the adapters are cheap, but years of constantly being broke and saving every penny possible during high school and college kind of gave me a sort of anti-spending complex or whatever. (If nothing else is possible, I'll buy an adapter, but I'd like to know if there's a free solution first, even if an adapter is so cheap.) On top of that, I'd really like to know that my actual PS2 has a use besides a chunky paperweight.

Besides, a good chunk of this is also just wanting to know if it's been done before.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice