Homebrew Suggestion Homebrew/Port Wishlist

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As with hacked console, N64 and Gamecube emulation is near the top of my list. Seriously, I've been wanting to make a portable Gamecube for years but it costs too much (time and money). I would love if my Switch could solve that problem the lazy way. <3

Anything else is really a bonus, but for non-emulator homebrew I would actually use I think SRB2 would be really neat.
Moonlight to stream Steam games would also be pretty sweet, and I think this one actually stands a good chance given that the Vita got a moonlight port. (Although I suppose since you can run Linux, Steam in-home streaming is sufficient for Linux-compatible games.)

- PS4 Remote Play (to stream PS4 games to Switch)
Was there ever an open-source implementation of Remote Play? I could have sworn there was, but I can't find it.

Last edited by TehCupcakes,

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Something that hasn't been mentioned before:

Cheat Engine style hacking tools (memory scanners).
It's so much fun hacking singleplayer games with CE or similar programs, pretty sure PSP had such a software, hope Switch gets it too.

EDIT: CWCheat is the PSP one I mentioned.

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
These ones should be pretty easy to port. Just using SDL, no hardware acceleration needed.

Had a spin at it the last hours where everyone else got mad releasing their exploits: https://f4ke.de/dev/switch/nxengine-evo-alpha.zip
2 Caveats though: Files will take very long to transfer over ftp, better copy to SD directly. Use the Home button to exit the game engine.
The console will crash when you Exit from Game through the menu. I need to debug what the engine does when shutting down to fix this.
This port is still unpolished, yet works...

I would suggest using these instead, they have been cleaned up and are better maintained:
http://maniacsvault.net/ecwolf/ - http://eduke32.com/
Also they work natively with SDL2, so easier to port.

Going to take a look at eduke32.

deanspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atari2600
Nes
Snes
Sega Genesis
PlayStation 1
PlayStation 2?
N64
Game cube
Wii
Wiiu
PSP

Undetectable Custom firmware or easy way to disable so that you can go online (if that becomes a problem)

Dualboot

Android that can run most or all app and games.

Game streaming from pc.

A way to install all my games from cartridges so that I can leave cartridges safely at home (games at $60+ a pop can easily add up!)

Last edited by deanspeed,
Reactions: ipkryss

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a way to update my games and use Eshop to buy games on a lower firmware something like NNU Patcher for Wii U. I sure hope something like this is possible with the switch?

Last edited by worm28,
Reactions: deanspeed

deanspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a way to update my games and use Eshop to buy games on a lower firmware something like NNU Patcher for Wii U. I sure hope something like this is possible with the switch?
This would be great for us who are waiting. I would like to be able to play some of the demos that I think are on the Eshop! And of course trick newer games into thinking you are on a later firmware.

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Atari2600
Nes
Snes
Sega Genesis
PlayStation 1
PlayStation 2?
N64
Game cube
Wii
Wiiu
PSP

Undetectable Custom firmware or easy way to disable so that you can go online (if that becomes a problem)

Dualboot

Android that can run most or all app and games.

Game streaming from pc.

A way to install all my games from cartridges so that I can leave cartridges safely at home (games at $60+ a pop can easily add up!)

PS2 and WiiU won't happen, but everything else probably will.

Reactions: deanspeed

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

Just a little message to let you know i got duke nukem 3d (eduke32) working, and very well. I just need to make a few adjustments (sensivity for example, which could be done in setup anyway). So i hope to release it this week-end at worst :)

Legend!

Soft rendered or do you have drivers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV