Homebrew Homebrew not working

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of days ago, I updated Luma to 9.0. Afterwards all of my homebrew just stopped working. I was using A9SP with Luma 8.1 before that( for this you have to rename Luma's boot.firm to boot0.firm and A9SP's boot.firm goes on the root of your sd card). I had to get rid of A9SP because I was getting an error but after that everything was working fine on 9.0. I set up rosalina to let me get into the homebrew launcher from the H&S app. Whenever I use this entry point and try to launch any of my homebrew apps, my 3ds completely freezes. When I use the cia entry point and try to load any app, the screen briefly flashes red, then returns to the homebrew launcher. Also while using the cia, my home button doesn't return me to the home menu, instead it freezes the screen for a few seconds. Launching cia homebrew apps work perfectly fine, though I prefer to avoid using those if I could. I have tried replacing my homebrew apps, the boot.3dsx and tried going back to Luma 8.1 but nothing has fixed this. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before and if anyone knows how to fix it. I don't think updating to Luma 9.0 did this, but that's when it started happening. I was literally using my homebrew apps right before that. Any help fixing this will be greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention that I'm using a N3DS XL on Luma 9.0 OFW 11.6

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wicksand420 gave me a boot.3dsx and I got it working again. It's weird that fincs boot.3dsx didn't work for me. I even downloaded it again and put it on my sd card and still had problems. Oh well, all's well that ends well. Thanks for all of your help guys!

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I've decided to stop updating Luma. Every time it always seems to break something.
I really thought this update would have a lot of new features for the end user since it took several months since the last release. But this might not have been a Luma issue, but just because of the timing when I had the problems, I think it was. My homebrew's working again, so that's all that matters. Injecting it into download play might've helped too. I should try the cia version just to see if that one got fixed too, just to be safe.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I really thought this update would have a lot of new features for the end user since it took several months since the last release. But this might not have been a Luma issue, but just because of the timing when I had the problems, I think it was. My homebrew's working again, so that's all that matters. Injecting it into download play might've helped too. I should try the cia version just to see if that one got fixed too, just to be safe.
Last I heard, the Download Play app is the only system title that will work as a hb title due to it having some required permissions. That's why the guide says to use it specifically rather than H&S which would be a much better option if it worked.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I heard, the Download Play app is the only system title that will work as a hb title due to it having some required permissions. That's why the guide says to use it specifically rather than H&S which would be a much better option if it worked.
I missed that part of the guide :P It's really useful info. Does that mean that fincs' HBL cia needs to be updated to have those permissions?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I missed that part of the guide :P It's really useful info. Does that mean that fincs' HBL cia needs to be updated to have those permissions?
I don't think he made a CIA?
Although I hear hblauncher_loader is supposed to work with Rosalina and Rosalina will autodetect it. Not really recommended though as running homebrew CIAs/VC injects while online could possibly lead to bans.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think he made a CIA?
Although I hear hblauncher_loader is supposed to work with Rosalina and Rosalina will autodetect it. Not really recommended though as running homebrew CIAs/VC injects while online could possibly lead to bans.
yeah you're right. I think yellows8 made the cia version. You always disable wifi or use incognito mode though if want to use the cia. Ilike have as many alternatives as possible in case one fucks up, like in this case lol

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yeah you're right. I think yellows8 made the cia version. You always disable wifi or use incognito mode though if want to use the cia. Ilike have as many alternatives as possible in case one fucks up, like in this case lol
Sure, but that doesn't really help when you run homebrew that needs online like FreeShop.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasn't it determined that incognito mode doesn't really do anything?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-3ds-in-incognito-mode-with-godmode9.473630/
You mean this? That won't do anything since your local activity log is never sent to Nintendo. They do however log your currently playing title whenever you're online, and no settings or tweaks you can do stops that short of turning off wifi, which is why Rosalina is such a godsend for avoiding bans.
so it's absolutely pointless to use cthulhu to clear unofficial apps and games from your activity log then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended