ROM Hack Homebrew MMORPG

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shudder when I think of the amount of time and energy it would take for a single homebrew programmer to create an MMORPG for the DS. Making one on the PC would be difficult enough. Making one on the DS would be exceedingly difficult given the hardware limitations and the quirks of the DS wifi system.

Possible? Sure. Probable? Not really. Even in 2D it would take way too much effort.

ndpndnt16

Trophies
XP
Country
lol kick them,how about we start a pokemon rpg project for ds?search ekaiyo mmorpg they already started making sprites.and pokemon inc. allow them to make a mmorpg pokemon game.as long its for free lol..we just need to merge those programmers for ds and graphic designers from ekaiyo

about the game lets just hack dragon quest joker and put some sprites on it.also start changing the environment lol it should rock!!!

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
WRONG. This would be impossible.

Why?
Because you asked for an MMORPG, not an ORPG.

I doubt that a homebrew on the DS would attract enough attention to become an MMORPG

VividBlack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ndpndnt16 said:
lol kick them,how about we start a pokemon rpg project for ds?search ekaiyo mmorpg they already started making sprites.and pokemon inc. allow them to make a mmorpg pokemon game.as long its for free lol..we just need to merge those programmers for ds and graphic designers from ekaiyo

about the game lets just hack dragon quest joker and put some sprites on it.also start changing the environment lol it should rock!!!

This post is just... just... wow. Seriously? I mean... really?

You broke my mind.

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Kingfield said:
WRONG. This would be impossible.

Why?
Because you asked for an MMORPG, not an ORPG.

I doubt that a homebrew on the DS would attract enough attention to become an MMORPG

WRONG. You're wrong.

Why?
Because MMORPG is a RPG capable of carrying a massive amount of players in a single area. Even if no one plays it, the capacity is still there.
If you called it a 'Dead MMORPG' that may be correct but not an ORPG.

I win.
laugh.gif

Cheesemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Possible? Sure!

But you would need to maintain a server to host the game.. and that costs money, so I doubt anyone would be interested in doing a homebrew MMORPG

Yep. It would be hard, because there would be updates. And with updates, and on the DS, that means a lot of angry stupid people that can't figure out how to install a new version.

If the servers were home-hosted, it would go down a lot, and have poor compatibility.

Not to mention, the best homebrew out there right now isn't as far fetched as what you're suggesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F